Friday, October 3, 2014

Kids These Days 43


A 17 year old boy named Steven Miles of Oxted, Surrey which is somewhere in London or some junk thought that he was Dexter from the series and decided to chop up his girlfriend, Elizabeth Thomas who was 16. You know, I'm a huge fan of Batman, have been since I was a kid but I'd never take my parents to a play of Zorro hoping that they get killed and I become the Dark Knight...anymore. Steven stabbed her a bunch of times in the back and head before cutting her up, sealed her in plastic wrapping like in the show, and wrapping her in a plastic gardening sheet.

Steven has been diagnosed as being autistic and that his alter ego named Ed told him to do it. Ed sounds like a dick. After killing Elizabeth he told his sister “Ed made me do something bad.” During trial it was said that Steven had a fascination with horror movies and dark shit and wanted to copy Dexter.


The judge Christopher Critchlow said “This is a case of the utmost gravity, the horrific features of which are rarely heard in any court. Nothing this court can say or do, no sentence this court can impose can alleviate the pain suffered by Elizabeth Thomas' family for death in such a terrible manner. There must be a life sentence. It's hard for this court to remain unemotional. Their lives have been changed forever, it's difficult to find the right words to describe the enormity of what you did to an innocent girl of 17-and-a-half. You decided at the age of 16 you had to kill somebody, you chose Elizabeth Thomas who tragically befriended you and who had stood up for you when people described you as different.”


He has been sentenced to 25 years in prison. I'm not sure how bad prisons are over there but I say do like they used to and send his ass to Australia. If I saw this kid walking down the street I would say “Oh, he's killing cats.” He just has that look.  

Click here for previous Kids These Days posts.

No comments: