Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Analog Boy In A Digital World

Photobucket
After months of laughing at the commercials for the digital converter boxes I finally got one yesterday. You know the commercials I’m talking about. They have a father and son sitting on the couch watching a game when all of a sudden the TV goes to static and they have this “…the fuck?” look on their faces.

When it was supposed to happen in February I was all “Damn the man!” about it. They had coupons and I applied for one but they said there weren’t enough. They didn’t anticipate that so many people still had antennas. Really? This is one of those things where old people must be furious about. I’m just happy I don’t have to learn how to write antennas again. Eventually I got my coupon but the day had been pushed back even further. I was all happy since once again I was right. I knew they weren’t going to switch yet.

The next date is in June I believe and I still think it wont happen. I’m going to unplug mine when the switch happens to see what goes on. They act like people are going to lose their minds Y2K style or something. I have some extra channels and that’s cool. If I ever wanna watch “Throw Mama From The Train” or "Shanghai Surprise” this channel is always playing them. Like the new choices and for the first time in decades I can watch lucha libre crystal clear. I have like eight Korean channels and feel compelled to learn it just to have something else to see.

As for now I barely have shows I watch weekly. It didn’t used to be this way. I have to see “Lie To Me”, “Better Off Ted”, and “America’s Funniest Videos”, “Jeopardy”, “Wheel of Fortune”, and “Family Guy.” That’s only like three and a half hours of TV a week. I must remedy this.

Rockets.

No comments: