Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Laughed To Death?


I was on Wikipedia and got stuck in what I call a “Wikihole.” I forget where I started but I ended up on a list of weird deaths throughout history. I read about a guy that died laughing. There have been a few of these but they were hundreds of years ago so there is not video of it...yet. I read about this 50 year old dude named Alex Mitchell that could not stop laughing while watching an episode of the show The Goodies. Specifically an episode known as Kung Fu Kapers and Ecky Thump. They had parts of it on Youtube but Daily Motion has the entire episode to watch. I streamed it through my Chromecast (best $30 ever spent) and prepared for my possible hilarious demise. I've never watched this show and do not plan on watching again so I don't care about these guys names.

One dude is teaching another kung fu and a third guy shows up telling them how he has a far more effective method. He refuses to teach them and they egg him on with insults until he relents the next day. They attack him with kung fu which does not work. Dressing in blackface with an afro and everything with does not work. A french getup with bread, random Asian sound effects, a Scottish dude. Nothing works. He just bonks them with black pudding and wins. They eventually put robotics into black pudding and attack the guy with remote control black pudding which pretty much looks like a bunch of dicks attacking them from the skies.

I didn't laugh once. No, I did laugh. I laughed at stuff I was saying during the show. Seriously. It looked like dude was knocking people unconscious with big, black dicks. I wasn't mad about the blackface stuff because this shit came out years before I was born. Its always silly to me when people get offended by old shit. They bring their present day anger to the past which is a great way to live a miserable life. I like stuff like Monty Python and other random thing B&H have shown me. But this show is not for me. And as you can tell by the fact that I am posting this, I did not die laughing.

1 comment:

Heather Cox said...

I FUCKING LOVE The Goodies. My kid was weaned on them. Although it is my understanding they were terribly sexist, as were the Python gang.