Thursday, February 20, 2020

Kids These Days 84


I am so glad I don't have or want kids. A lot of it is because I know that I could not raise a kid in this insane ass world or keep them away from using the internet and likely trying dumb shit like this Skull Breaker Challenge. I guess if the intent is to ruin someone's life it could be considered a challenge. There have been so many that I don't keep track of and write about and stumbled upon this bullshittery. This is not a challenge or a prank. This is assault. I'm not someone who cries wolf...often. But if I had a kid that participated in this I would leave them at a fire station regardless of how old they were or treat them like a parent in the 80's. Translate that however you want.

This ”challenge” consists of having three people standing side by side. The one in the middle, let's call them the victim, jumps up in the air and has their legs swept from underneath them while in the air. They are told they will all jump up at once because you are likely doing this with friends and believe that your friends wouldn't try and change your brain chemistry. I watched a video showing multiple examples of this and I had to stop it. This is coming from someone who watches MMA, wrestling, and boxing. Seeing people hit the back of their heads makes me super cringe because I have done it so many times. The most memorable was chasing someone around a pool and landing back of my head first. There is no other feeling like that. Thankfully I was not knocked out. That happened running into a door face first playing tag a year prior.

In some of the videos I have seen the kids, and even stupid adults, are knocked out cold while their friends laugh and try to yank them up to their feet. If you have ever been around someone unconscious that is the last thing you should be doing. Kids are being sent to the hospital with a bruise if they are lucky. This all started in Spain and like most dumb things on the internet people want to video themselves being dumb and getting hurt for laughs. This one mother posted a photo of her son in a hospital bed after his “friends” did this to him. Her name is Valerie Hodson if you wanna look her up. Her kid got his face fucked up because after he fell backwards he lost consciousness and landed on his face. There is no best case scenario in a situation where this prank is involved. If you have a child that participated in this challenge congratulations on raising a sociopath.

Click here for previous Kids These Days.

No comments: