Friday, November 18, 2011

Story Behind The Photo 10

A few years ago I went to a Petco in Inglewood where they have weekly pet adoptions. I went because my ex who thought that I was going straight to hell (she probably still does) wanted to go and look at the animals. I worked in a Petco and I hate going to places I’ve worked. But I went because sometimes I like to pretend that I am a nice person. So we go and there’s a ton of kittens and some older cats. The kittens are insane as most kittens are and there were these two cats together. The lady that ran the adoption place told me that they were brother and sister and she wanted to keep them together. I let her know that I didn’t need their life story because I was there to look and not buy. But in reality I said “Okay” and looked at the cats. She said that the boy wasn’t friendly. So of course as soon as I tap his cage he gets up and starts rubbing against my finger.

The lady opens the cage and he jumps into my arms. I try holding him like a normal cat and he climbs on my shoulder and lays with half his body hanging facing my back like a weirdo. Then he starts purring super loud and the lady was like “Oh, my god. He’s never that nice.” Animals do like me by the way. He eventually fell asleep and started meowing when I put him back. A normal person would feel bad and adopt the cat. I’m not normal. I know how shitty a cat would be in my place. Plus I have a fish and if a cat fucked with him (Maximus Zeus Billy Ocean Batman Del Primo) I would eat it. A couple of weeks later when I went back the lady said the two cats were happy and adopted. Yay.

No comments: