Saturday, November 12, 2011

Story Behind The Photo 9

Years ago I used to say that I wanted a giant tattoo like Vega from Street Fighter. I didn’t want anything on my arm or nothing. Just a giant snake that went all around my body. Of course I didn’t get that…or did I? No, I didn’t. Over time I figured that I was over 30 years old and if I got a tattoo it would be my form of a mid-life crisis. Then last year my friend who is a tattoo artist convinced me to finally get one. I decided upon Skulduggery Pleasant, The Skeleton Detective. I love the books and the design and one day while reading it I said to myself “This is it.” I always tell my friend that there is a lot of stuff about tattoos they don't tell you are complete lies in films. It takes a long time to heal. Good places don't tattoo drunk people (booze makes you bleed more). And not all tattoos are completed in one day.

I was wondering how it would feel having a needle full of ink going into my skin over and over again voluntarily. When she started my tattoo (on my wrist) it felt so weird. It didn’t hurt but it felt like I had grabbed a thorn and wouldn’t let go. Then my thigh started itching. Very strange experience. I still have my tattoo and have had it touched up since and I love it. I didn’t realize how often I used my wrist or had it bump against stuff until I had to make sure I didn’t scratch, burn, or rub my wrist. Seriously, I almost slept with mittens on Black Swan style. I had a dream during the first night that I had sweated the tattoo away. Like my body had rejected it or something and it would look like the first picture. I'm special like that sometimes. When it was done and healed I was so happy that I decided to get it.

About two months or so ago I decided to get another tattoo this time on my forearm. I like dragons and I like gears so I found a design of a Ouroboros and we tweaked and resized it enough so that it wouldn’t lose any detail. I love this tattoo and it should be 100% healed in about a week. Some people get tattoos with deep meaning and touching stories. I just fucking like the ways these looked and wanted them on my skin for the rest of my life. I’ll be getting some more until my entire left arm is covered. Yes, just the left arm. Don’t judge me. I'll be sure to post more pictures as I continue covering myself.

No comments: