Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dante And His Weird Dreams

When I was a kid I had some strange ass dreams. They were far more vivid than the ones I have now. I recently had one that involved pirates, a hovercraft, and my best friend. That was a cool ass dream. But when I was a youth there were two dreams that fucked my head up something fierce.

Now with this first one I’m gonna talk about is one I had so many times and each time I woke up freaking the hell out and burying my head in a pillow. In hindsight the dreams aren’t even scary. Its actually really goofy. It involves a monkey and shoes with wheels. Yeah.

The dream starts with me sitting on my porch. I was about 6 years old at the time. I’m sitting there minding my damned business when all of a sudden this row of racecars pull into the driveway and screech to a halt. Then all of the drivers look over at me with helmets that match their cars. I jump up and trip on my doorway which in real life in the 9 years I lived there I never tripped on.

I found this image way too damned easily.

I get up and race to my parents room where I see a monkey sitting on my fathers chest with a big ass knife and covered in blood screaming. The monkey, not my father. He was dead. I looked to the window where the backyard and presumed safety was but as soon as I run towards it I wake up in bed.

The dream monkey was way scarier.

Now, as I am writing this I decided to check the Internets to possibly see what the hell these this dream could mean. You know, like, one of those dream interpreting things? This is what I found.

“To see a monkey in your dream symbolizes deceit, insight and intuition. Those around you are working to advance their own interest. Alternatively, monkeys indicate an immature attitude, a playful nature and the mischievous side of your personality.


To dream that you are feeding a monkey means betrayal by someone whom you thought cared about your interests.”

I don’t know what the fuck that means. I wasn’t feeding a monkey. The damned thing was killing my father. As for the weird racecars here is what I found.

“To see a race car in your dream symbolizes your hard driving and headstrong attitudes. It may also reflect your competitive nature and the need to win. Alternatively, the race may be a pun for your issues with ‘race’ and ethnicity.”

I don’t know what the hell this means either! Both of these are so weird in their interpretations. I had this dream for years at least three times a month until they stopped to be replaced by a weird dream that involved The Apache Chief from The Super Friends.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

I want that shoe-car like you wouldn't believe. Like, I would consider taking out a mortgage to buy a house with a driveway just so I could have that shoe-car out front. Ah the Internets. Teaching me about the things I absolutely need that I didn't know I absolutely needed til I saw it on the Internets.

I never really believed in dream interpretation as I thought trying to put people-logic on something as vast and unfathomable as the human subconscious was impossible, but someone I trust has convinced me it can be useful. Like you, I had repetitive childhood dreams about my father being immobile and in danger or dead, apparently it's not unusual in children whose parent drinks a lot. The monkey on the other hand is all your own.

God, I want that car!

Dante said...

I was terrified at how easy it was to find an image of that car! I was like "I'm gonna have to photoshop this and--sweet baby! There it is!"

I'm gonna write about my next dream while it is less bloody it scared the hell out of me.

Hazel said...

Dreams don't have to be bloody to be scary. Scariest damn dreams I ever had just involve water.

When I feel sleepy tonight I'm gonna close my eyes and cross my fingers and mutter *shoe-car* *shoe-car**shoe-car* to myself in an attempt to direct my dream.