Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dante's Fuckit List Entry 8

When I was growing up my parents thought that I was gonna be someone that did all kinds of things to myself that would be deemed socially unacceptable by society. I didn’t much to their surprise and/or dismay. Most of the people that know me know that I’m not extreme nor do I search for attention but looking the way I do manages to draw it anyway. I appear so anonymous that its unsettling so why help stand out more?

Get A Piercing.




Now let me state that I have no problem with piercing. They can look cool as fuck on people and lead to the sexy time that can only occur when a piercing is there. But its not something I ever thought to have. Not even plain ass ear ones. Not sure why but I didn’t.

My parents assumed that I would be covered in tattoos and with every hole with a ring in it. All my brothers got their ears done and eventually tattoos. Hell, my mother got a tattoo years (like a decade) before I did. She’s asked me why I don’t have at least an earring and every response I have is met with her calling me a square. Then I call her a square for using that term.

When I was in school and saw guys with earrings I wondered why my brain automatically shuts off when picturing me with one. Then I recall a day when I was younger where I dangled my mothers earrings from my ears. I looked like a bald woman. I look Meshell Ndegeocello which would be fine if I were a lesbian. Wait. I am a lesbian. Either way I’m cool not having any body modifications. Well, more than the tattoos I plan on covering my arm with.

Click here to check out previous Fuckit List entries.

No comments: