Monday, July 30, 2012

Dante Learns The 2nd Amendment


The more I start to read about the Amendments contained in the Bill Of Rights the more things make sense to me. I mean, it makes sense why nothing makes sense. These things are terribly outdated and leave far too much room for interpretation. Its like the bible but more dangerous because you don’t have to believe in God to use this stuff. This entry is about the 2nd Amendment which is one of the ones we hear about the most, usually when someone feels the need to carry way too many weapons or just wanna look cool.

I’m gonna post what this Amendment says and then try and figure out how so many people get it wrong or go way too far with it. Check out this nonsense and we’ll hold hands and attempt to make sense of it.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

As of this writing it is 2012 and as much as I stay out of public affairs and shit I know that this stuff isn’t right. Let’s look at that first part. “A well regulated Militia…” can mean a lot of shit. There are plenty of militias in this country and from what I know, law enforcement tries to stop them. Why? Because most of them are stone cold fucknuts. I guess it depends on what your definition of well regulated means. Sometimes this guy can regulate your shit.

"Now its time to read the minutes from last weeks meeting. Mmm..."

The “…being necessary to the security of a free State…” is part of the reason why this whole Trayvon Martin stuff is happening. George Zimmerman surely believed that he was a necessary part of his free State of Florida. Guess what? He wasn’t. Like me, he was a chubby nerd with an over-inflated ego except he had a gun and I don’t. “Guns for show, knives for pros” is my motto. And by my motto I mean I stole it from a film.

Now the “…right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” is something that should be altered for sure because we know that there are certain things you can do to fuck that right up. Being a felon, a public nuisance, or just old fashioned bonkers. But you can be blind and carry a piece. You think I’m fucking with you? I’m not. Click here to read about this mofo that has over a dozen guns. I have people in my life that I know and trust but would never want to see them own a gun because of shit they have done in their daily lives.

USA! USA! USA!

Just ‘cause you can carry a gun does not mean that you are a responsible adult. Almost anyone can drive but do it badly and wreck shit every day. I know that I don’t own a gun because I guaran-fucking-tee you that I would have shot myself in the leg by now. The fact that you can do something doesn’t mean that you should. Can you own a gun? Yes. Should you? Probably not. People use the excuse of how if they are robbed they can protect themselves. Bullshit. I have had a gun aimed at me three times and my reflex was never to fight back. I have enough holes in my body.

Click here to read previous Dante Learns The Amendments.

No comments: