Thursday, July 23, 2009

How Dante Spent His Day


PhotobucketI had what I consider a busy day today. Some people make fun of me when I say my day was busy. Listen up. When I say my day is busy I mean I left the house. I have been doing this leaving the house thing a bit more often and enjoying it. But I refuse to neglect my home and let it get funky and filthy. If anyone has listened to my Rosscast then you know that is unacceptable.
Photobucket
The day started with a trip to a job fair downtown. It was warm as hell outside so I chose a short sleeve black shirt and nice grey dress pants. It was at a hotel downtown that was all spiffy looking but the actual event was very lackluster. If I wanted to buy some “Green” products this was the place to be. But if you were looking for a job it was a bit difficult.
Photobucket
As I was walking I noticed a lot of the strange ass “art” that litters downtown. I know art is subjective and all that hippy nonsense we all say to defend our skewed opinions, but some of this stuff is just garbage.
Photobucket
I was not impressed.
Photobucket
As I walked further I passed the Disney Concert Hall. You know those tanning things that folks used to use? That foil thing? That’s what this place is. A big ass tanning foil thing. When you walk past it on a day like today it raises the temperature like 20 degrees. I don’t like that. I’m a delicate flower as you all know and hate being hot. I prefer cold weather as I get to wear my many jackets.
Photobucket
I also hate sweating. Me sweating is not a pretty sight.
Photobucket
I was able to get to the bus stop pretty fast while power walking in my dress shoes. Those shoes are very dangerous. The have absolutely no traction on the bottom so any smooth surface becomes a foe as I James Brown my way across the city.
Photobucket
Oh, God. On the bus ride home this dude gets on holding his can of beer and singing his drunk little heart out. I had to just turn up my headphones and drown him out with the smooth sounds of Hatebreed, Mos Def, Tool, and Live. I waited until he closed his eyes and took this picture.
Photobucket
After I got home I cleaned up and played video games while talking to my sister and bitching at her for not going to the job fair. She acted like she couldn’t get there but she was just being a lazy ass. Its not like she missed out on much but her excuse annoyed me very fast. Later me and my lady headed to The Grove to catch their free movies they play outdoors during the summer. Tonight they played “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” I have never sat through an Indiana Jones film and it didn’t happen tonight. Our asses got sore from the bleacher seats and we were cold. It was a very good day and I’m glad I got to see my lady. No, I didn’t get to grab her ass but still. Good day.

No comments: