Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Story Behind The Photo 18



The other day was my late brother Kevin's birthday. I've written quite a but about him because fuck you I loved him and he was cool. This is a picture I took today of these shirts that were made after he died. Even till this day I have not worn it and I have two. Not sure how I got two but there you go. They look weird. Its just his head floating in the ether with the year he was born and died there. It always seemed so depressing to me. When I die I want people to wear a shirt with me looking all spry and jumping in the air or something. Not just my head. Someone needs to let my mother know this so I don't end up an even more vengeful spirit.

I have never been huge into ceremony. Having to do all kinds of salutes and wait turns and such has never appealed to me. My brother's funeral was the first one I've ever been to and we ended up having two of them because the mausoleum he was being placed in wasn't finished being built. So the next image is from funeral part two.

Me not participating. 

Here's me and my family. Notice I'm the only asshat not wearing the shirt. I chose to be chubby and wearing a turtleneck with my leather jacket that belonged to my brother. I still have that jacket and love it. It was new when he passed away. What is most sad besides the fact that my brother is gone is that I remember the day he died more than the day he was born. He never made a big deal out of his birthday. I just knew it was in May and that if I remembered I could attempt to punch him and give him birthday licks. Of course it would end with some wrestling move being applied to me, likely a Torture Rack or Figure Four.

When you lose a sibling it sucks. Let alone one you really care about. I have three other brothers. I don't talk to any of them let alone my younger sister. Its kind of weird because Kevin was the oldest one. He was ten years older than me. When I turned 32 it felt wrong because that's how old he was when he died. I am two years past that now and I always wonder what he would be doing if he were still around. He would be 44 and I don't know what 44 year old Kevin looks like. If you have a sibling you honestly care about let them know sometime. I let him know, I talked to him every week about work and wrestling, and always ended with “Talk to you next week.” The week he died I didn't talk to him that Monday. I have very few regrets. That is one.

Click here for previous Story Behind The Photo

No comments: