Sunday, March 18, 2018

Dante Vs. Nature 74



Nature loves showing up and saying to me “You think the ocean is spooky? Meet this!” And by this I mean a Crinoid and by Crinoid I mean this feather star. I don't like it one bit. Look at it. Just floating in the sea being strange as shit. It lives in super deep water (30,000 feet) and shallow water because fear knows no depth. Their mouth is located on top that leads to a gut that is U-shaped. And get this. Their booty hole is right next to their mouth! Talk about shitting where you eat. Most have more than five arms and the versions of these with stalks use it to attach to shit but once they grow up they leave. Like adults should. If I were swimming (which means my yacht has been irreparably damaged and I have fallen into the sea) and saw this I would cry ugly tears. Sexy, ugly tears.


These freak shows eat by filtering food from the water with their strange arms and their tube feet have snot that traps food that goes by. Ew! When they get the food they flick it into a grooved “cilia are able to propel the stream of mucus towards the mouth.” What the actual fuck? I love that they could miss their mouths and toss food into their own assholes. They do not have stomachs so their food goes right to their intestines and gets shot out of their butt holes. Which are right next to their mouths. Gross.

Click here for previous Dante Vs. Nature.

No comments: