Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Forever Hold Your Peace?

Photobucket
Why is it that we’re so deceptive? We get asked simple questions and we just flat out lie. “How are you doing?” “How was your day?” “Are you comfortable?” “Did you fart?” Simple little things and yet we’ll lie just to make others comfortable. Good forbid we actually told the truth every once in a while!

Today a supervisor asked me how I was doing. “Pretty miserable” I replied, telling the truth. I was. I am about to lose my job that I have been temping at for almost 10 months because of cutbacks (yet they can spend hundreds on sandwiches no one likes because they taste like cardboard!). She replied “Oh, that’s go...Oh!” Why do people have that automatic response of “That’s good!”

I wish people would just tell folks how they really feel when things are bothering them. It would make life so much easier. If someone asks how you’re doing just tell the truth. Don’t even give yourself a chance to lie or bullshit them. Why do we compromise our self for the comfort of others? The funny thing is that it’s usually a stranger. Oh, don’t even get me started on that.

I think I am done rambling for my first blog on this thing. I don’t know who will read this or whatever. But that’s how I roll. Ya’ll don’t listen to most of the nonsense I say anyway, right? Rockets.

No comments: