Monday, May 28, 2012

Story Behind The Photo 12

Back in 2007 I was still doing my cool ass Thanksgiving dinners. These were fun because most of the people I invited had never knew one another but they had one thing in common: Me. In this picture young Alex Hluch is fixing my bed. Why is he fixing my bed? Was there some sort of frisky evening that damaged my bed? No. Alex had tried a wrestling move on me called a Spear. I’ve been watching wrestling for 30 years now. I know how to take a Spear. This time I oversold it. “Overselling” in wrestling is when you exaggerate something that has been done to you. There’s a Hulk Hogan/HBK match where this is done embarrassingly.

Now the plan, unbeknownst to me, my best friend ever Cam had planned to take a photograph of Alex flying out of my bathroom (to the right), hitting me, and hilarity would ensue. That’s not quite what happened.

I came through my door after getting a parking permit back from a friend leaving and Alex flew his ass, hit me perfectly, and I launched myself into the air. It was beautiful. I got a good leap out of it, Alex got me right in the ribs, and we hit my bed so hard it knocked itself off the rails. I look up and Cam is standing there looking horrified.

She didn’t get the picture.

She said she was so surprised by what happened that she forgot to do it. I cant really blame her. It was beautiful. Earlier in the evening I busted out my old ass Nintendo and we played some Duck Hunt. My friend Heidi’s friend merc’d us. She made it ten rounds without missing a single fucking shot.

I have the look of fail so hard.

That look on my face is disbelief. I called shenanigans. Turns out she was just fucking good at shooting stuff. It was a really fun night and one I wish I could do every year but sadly my list of friends dwindles. Hell, last year I had one friend over for dinner! Not that I’m complaining. It was an awesome meal and dinner with one you love being around is better than dinner with ten you’re okay with.

Click here to read past Story Behind The Photos.

No comments: