Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Five Things I Learned In 2012

Its now 2013 and you either woke up hungover, still drunk, regretful, or full of hope for this new year. Me, I was ironing my friends clothes and watching Dusk Til’ Dawn while listening to the drunks at the gay bar scream their heads off. Still, I wouldn’t have traded it in for anything else…except for boning or something. But that’s a given.

Each New Year’s for the past few years I have told myself that I will not make resolutions. I stopped making them up because shit either needs to get done or it doesn’t and I don’t wanna wait until I need a new calendar year to do it. Last year I surpassed a few things on my list of things that needed to be done such as grow an afro, lose weight, stay away from my family, and be more creative with my writing and learning new shit. I decided to write down Five Things I Learned In 2012 mostly because if I am alive next year this will be interesting to read and hopefully you random ass folks will like it too.

1. Some People Are Just Jerks.


I know that we all love to think that some people behave like assholes because of their childhood or because other people treat them badly. This isn’t always the case. Some people are just dicks. This year in the wake of so many tragic events that didn’t need to happen the first thing that happens is therapists are all over the news talking about our feelings and how we need to handle situations. I just sit back and say “Some people are born just to fuck shit up.” There isn‘t always a reason for things.

There are people you are related to, call your friends, or work with that exist solely to fuck with you. Stop hanging out with these people and avoid contact with them as much as you can. I mean, even if you don’t leave the house there are jerks that will call you or stop by for a visit. I’ve had to force myself to stop trying to psychoanalyze some people in my life and just understand that they are just being a dick because I haven’t punched them in the face. Yet.

2. My Bullshit Tolerance Is Smaller.  


There are people that have hung out with me that already know this about me, but this year it shrunk in size. There was a time when I would be somewhere I didn’t want to be and I would just sit there and watch cartoons in my head. Now, I just leave. Some say life is too short. I say its too long. Its too long to sit around being places you don’t wanna be.

This also goes for listening to people who have no desire to be better or they say they do and try nothing about it. There are way too many people walking around talking about how they wish they could do this or want to do that and spend so much time bitching about it that nothing gets done. Fuck that. If you wanna be better then practice or be around people that inspire you to be better. I cant waste anymore time being around people that fill my brain with shit instead of joy.

3. No One Is Trying To Date Me. 


Its gotten to the point where instead of suspecting it its now confirmed that no one wants to date me. There are some chicks that like me but there is something about me that keeps women at a distance both mentally and physically. This doesn’t make me sad. It was just nice to know that it clicked into my head. Sucks that it took this many damned years though. Some of you ladies are wonderful, beautiful, talented people. But would you ever date me? Nope. I’m not anyone’s type. Me and my boring lifestyle is a walk on the wild side for some women.

4. I Can Survive A Long Time Without Sex. 


Once I started having (fun) sex I thought that it would never end. This is the longest its been without me getting any action since I first got any. A few years back if you had told me the amount of time its been since I got laid I would tackle you to the ground and screaming at you that you’re a lying liar who lies. I have no idea when the next time I’ll get laid is and when it does happen who knows how it’ll be. That shit is not like riding a bicycle.

5. I Am Who I Am.


This year more than any I have been called strange in many different ways. Mostly because I have worked on a lot of different TV shows and have met dozens of new people. Its not that I cant help being who I am. I enjoy being who I am. I like drawing, making podcasts, filming stuff, writing, making Perler beads, talking on the phone for hours, cramming my brain with useless celebrity gossip, reading books, seeing movies, watching Youtube for hours, getting stuck on Wikipedia, hanging out with friends, not having a cell phone, getting very little sleep, watching people at parties, helping people reach things, and lifting heavy shit.  

Now when you read the description above and you don’t know me I have no idea what that makes me sound like. But being the way I am I have managed to have some amazing people in my life. I have friends that write, teach, play music, or are just great people to be around. I had to stop wondering why they bother talking to me and just accept the fact that despite whatever faults I may have they still like and in some cases love me.

Click here for previous Five Things I Learned.

No comments: