Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kids These Days 14


With these Kids These Days blogs I tend to point out the silly shit that kids get into nowadays. This one is gonna be slightly different in that while it involves a kid, it also involves a mother. One of those chicks from that Teen Mom show named Farrah Abraham is getting a ton of shit for waxing her daughters eyebrows in the hopes of getting rid of a unibrow. Here's a quote from her Twitter.

So here I am faced with a standout historical moment in motherhood when I can confirm to myself that my little, adorable,most cuddle-able cutie, baby girl has a Unibrow :( , I felt bad for her, and I started asking friends…. is this hair just going to fall out… is it just hormones at this age?, well the hair didn’t go away and others started saying it was here to stay.”

People are saying that its mean for her to be waxing her daughters eyebrows. I say more power to her! I know that may sound weird coming from a guy but I'm also speaking as someone who wishes that my mother had jumped in regarding a hair issue I had at one point when I was little.

Many of my friends know that at two points growing up my hair fell out from stress. It happened again years later when I worked at the hospital as well. Starts with headaches, buzzing in my head, nosebleeds, and then hair falling out. When it falls out its not in convenient patterns either. Its in weirdly shaped circles in strange parts of my head. She wouldn't let me shave my head and wouldn't cut it so I had to go to school with these bald spots or wear a hat. It sucked and made every day going to school like that shitty.


This is Madonna's daughter Lourdes before she discovered tweezers. School sucks. I think some adults forget that. You get made fun of for everything from the way you talk to the way your pants fit you. Kids are terrible creatures. If you're a parent chances are when your kid isn't around you they're an asshole. Having your daughter show up to school with one giant eyebrow, while not even close to the end of the world, when you're a kid is a huge deal.

Now she is 16 and has two eyebrows. If you look at old pictures of her mom you see where she got them brows from. If this wasn't Madonna's daughter you can bet this girl would've gotten teased mercilessly. If you have a kid and you want them to live a free lifestyle where they don't need to and shouldn't worry about things like having two eyebrows, that's fine. For you. You're not around your kid 24/7 nor should you be. Kids need to be around other kids even though they suck. Being around jerk ass kids when you're little makes you better at vetting out jackasses.

I applaud this woman for making her daughter's life a little bit easier. I mean, it cant be easy to be the child of a girl who is known for getting knocked up as a teen, starring on a reality show, having your dad die months before you're born, having your grandmother beat the hell out of your mom, and then have your mom post pictures of you with a unibrow.

Click here for previous Kids These Days

No comments: