Saturday, June 15, 2013

Story Behind The Photo 19

Back when I was about 16 years old me and my girlfriend at the time decided to go get pictures taken. You wouldn't think it from as many pictures as I take now but back then I hated taking pictures. I would avoid picture day. There are no high school photos of me and I made sure I was never in the yearbook. I didn't even buy a yearbook so against the memory of school I was. One day she asked if we could go to this spot in the Beverly Connection. I was like, okay, and put on one of my new shirts. This one was a light money green and as you can see I was swimming in it. At this time I was about 150 pounds soaking wet. I look like a strong wind could carry my ass away.

We get there and I think its gonna be a photographer there or something. Nope. Its just a room and you press a button and pose and then the picture is taken. We took a few and I am glad that I saved this one just so I can admire how fucking manly I look now. You stop laughing back there!

Have you seen this child?

This next one is somewhere around the same time period. Maybe close to a year later. I have a couple of hairs above my lip so I think I am a beast at this point. No lie the few hairs I grew ended up falling out just to mock me. I beat the shit out of that shirt. Like an old one I had before when it started to tear I would just sew it back and keep on rocking. I really loved this shirt. When it finally died I was so pissed because i didn't have anymore like it and it was so out of style buying another was out of the question.

The weird thing about looking at these pictures and seeing myself so thin is that I don't remember looking in the mirror and thinking I was. I knew I was skinny and tried to gain weight and ended up losing a few pounds so I cut that shit out. Right now I am about 217 which is not only a weight but a shitty busline here in Los Angeles. I wonder if I saw myself now when I was 16 if I would think I was fat.

Click here for previous Story Behind The Photo.

2 comments:

Hoozle said...

Cuteness!

Dante said...

I'm glad you think so. I still miss that shirt. If you ever see me at this size again please alert my friends and family because something is very wrong.