Friday, June 21, 2013

Shit Just Got Real 2


Let me preface this by saying that I am a dick but I don’t consider myself a hypocrite. When I first saw this story I couldn’t climb as high on my horse as I usually would because I used to do, though not to this extent, what the kid in this story did. I used to wrestle my sister and my older brother wrestled with me when I was little. My sister didn’t get the high impact moves like I did (Spinebuster, DDT). She got mainly submission moves from me (Texas Cloverleaf, Sharpshooter, Rings Of Saturn). In my defense a lot of it happened in front of my parents. Either way it was stupid. Now to get started with this post.

A 13 year old boy named Devalon Armstrong is accused of killing his half sister named Viloude Louis using what he described as and what the media is describing as “WWE style wrestling moves.” Apparently he jumped on her back using elbow drops onto her kidneys. She complained about stomach pains, for god knows how long, and half an hour later her found her on the floor in pain. By the time paramedics arrived she was already dead.

According to coroner reports she died from broken ribs, internal bleeding, and liver lacerations. Devalon told the police that he knew that he was hurting his sister because she told him so but continued for a few more minutes before stopping just because his mother called to check on them. He has been charged with 2nd degree murder.

“Second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery.”

Police report that Devalon smiled when describing the wrestling moves he did that killed his sister and that he will be undergoing a psychiatric evaluation to see if he is mentally capable of going to trial. WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) released a statement after hearing about this meaning when they heard their company’s name being slapped all over the headlines.

“The death of Viloude Louis is a tragedy, and our condolences go out to her family. WWE urges restraint in reporting this unfortunate incident as if it were the result of a WWE wrestling move. As in similar cases, criminal intent to harm and a lack of parental supervision have been the factors resulting in a tragic death. Authorities have already charged the accused with second degree murder and determined that this was not an accidental death due to a wrestling move.”

Then they found out that this kid had a history of fucking with his sister and released the next statement.

“The death of Viloude Louis is a tragedy and we express our heartfelt condolences. Authorities have already charged the accused with second degree murder and determined that this was not an accidental death due to a wrestling move. The facts of this case clearly point to a lack of parental supervision and a teenager who had a history of violent behavior toward his 5-year-old stepsister. It is illogical to conclude that the repeated, brutal and ultimately fatal beating of a 5-year-old little girl by a teenager could be confused with imitation of WWE action seen on TV.”

This reminds me of that case from back in 1999 when Lionel Tate killed his 6 year old sister Tiffany Eunick using what were described as wrestling moves. It is said he had her in a headlock and slammed her head into a table. He said he was watching wrestling but it turns out he was just a dick and watching cartoons at the time. Her injuries were said to be similar to “…sustained by falling from a three-story building.” He was 12 years old at the time and given life imprisonment. It was changed and eventually he led a life of crime and is now in jail for robbing a pizza man. I shit you not. That happened.

We’ve all seen the public service announcements from WWE. The “Don’t Try This At Home” ones that have been running for years. Its impossible to not try it at home. I dove into moving shopping carts thinking it was the Batmobile when I was little. I imitated He-Man. I Iron Clawed other kids with my big ass hands like I was Kevin Von Eric. If you are a kid you are gonna imitate things you see on TV or movies. But that is not excuse for what this kid did to his sister.

I know some people are gonna mention how he is getting harsher treatment because he is Black. Eh…yes and no. It will get more attention because he is Black but I don’t care what race he is. This kid cant be normal after this. “Remember when I was a kid and killed my little sister?” There’s no rehab for that. Saying he did WWE style moves on her is a nice, neat way to wrap this tragedy in a easy to digest news bite because we all know what it is. For anyone that doesn’t its what the WWF now calls itself.

Click here for previous Shit Just Got Real.

No comments: