Friday, November 9, 2018

Dante Doesn't Bitch About People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive 2018



People Magazine announced that Idris Elba was the Sexiest Man Alive for 2018 and the world collectively went “Of course.” I can't think of one person that would disagree with this. “I do!” the guy in the back shouted. Look. I'm not gay but if Idris made a move on me I wouldn't react that way I would if some dude at work or on the street hit on me. What I'm saying is that there would be some internal struggling and dialogue happening. “I'm not gay. But this is Idris Elba. But I'm not gay. Right?” Look. There ain't nothing wrong with admitting that another guy is good looking no matter how straight you are. I am also fully aware that if I was talking to some lady and Idris walked into the room I would suddenly disappear. I would become this tall dark barrier keeping her away from a slightly taller barrier. And way better looking. And cooler.

Yes, I say slightly because I take solace in the fact that he is two inches taller than me and I am petty as fuck. When a lady says she is into a guy the first thing I look at is how tall he is because in a lot of cases I can go “Well, at least I have that.” I do not have the body. The rugged face. The accent. I mean, I have an accent, but it is a regular ass accent where I sound like I learned English from watching too much TV. Because I did. If I looked like Idris I would be swatting draws away from me like flies on a country porch. But according to him a few years ago this was not the case. In an interview he said:

“Look, when I wasn't on television or in films, I didn't get any special attention when I went out. Some beautiful people always attract attention. I didn't until I got on television. So I'm on these lists only because I'm on television. It happens to me all the time, still. I'll sit in a pub and nobody will recognize me. I might see an attractive woman, but she doesn't recognize me, so I'm not getting any love. Then one person goes, 'Oh, it's you,' and suddenly, they all overhear and start asking questions. It's bullshit.” Take that you wicked city women that only start paying attention when a guy has money! Take it!

As for his love life that shit is all over the place. He has two kids, a daughter that is 16 and a son that is a baby. He has also been married about three times and currently has a fiance. I have seen all of his ex's and there is zero consistency. He does not have a type that he is into. One of those things that keeps women all hopeful. Women see some guys ex's and are like “Oh, all right. He is into blondes. Alert the beautician!” and next thing you know they are walking around with a burnt scalp trying to be something they aren't. Earth: no matter what you look like there is someone who wants to jump on you so hard you time travel. Stop trying to be different. 

Idris is also 46 years old and born in September for you nerds that are into astrology and base your lives on when someone was shot into this current reality from the body of a woman. What day in September? Look it up. You on the internet. He looks great for his age. “Black don't crack!” someone who does not realize that's not a compliment shouted. Or maybe he takes care of himself. There is no maybe. Son of a bitch has abs. I have never had an ab in my life! Or maybe I do now. Maybe my stomach is just one big ab waiting to multiple. Yeah. I'm gonna go with that. One big soft ab just waiting for a moment to shine. This list is not something to be taken too seriously. I mean, Nick Nolte won it in 1992 and Harrison Ford won it in 1998. Last year Blake Shelton won and that makes zero sense. That man is not sexy I don't care what you say. Shut up. You're wrong. Deal with it. There are some dudes that are attractive to others and I just can't wrap my head around it. But with Idris I get it. We all get it. Or want to...

Click here for previous Dante Bitches Posts

No comments: