Monday, May 25, 2009

Picture Day!!!

Photobucket

Ah, we all remember picture day at school. The biggest memories I have of it was trying to stay clean so I wouldn’t end up with a dirty ass picture later on. On the picture above I remember how awesome I thought I looked. I had my cool vest (which my sister who sent me the picture says makes me look like Carlton) and my crisp collar. I was pimpin‘, pimpin’!

So I get to school and all day I’m like “Don’t touch me!” It seemed like every dirty kid in the school wanted to touch me that day. But I stayed clean and got in line to have my photo taken. But before the photo was taken the lady got a brush out and touched my hair. You don’t touch a Black man’s hair! And while she was messing with my hair, why didn’t she fix my damned collar?! Look at that thing! It looks like I got into a tussle. And my lips. My poor, poor lips. They look the ashy.

I am glad this picture wasn’t lost amongst the hundreds that my family has let slip away. Look at how smooth my skin was. And I still have those damned arched eyebrows. And my eyes look so bright and full of hope. My biggest concerns then were making it home in time to watch cartoons.

Rockets.

1 comment:

Hoozle said...

Cute little guy, hehe. If your collar had been straightened, the photo wouldn't be as sweet, I hate uber-posed pics of children.

I remember very little from before the age of 11, and all I remember from picture day was my teacher laughing at my photo because I was sooooo serious in it. All big blue eyes and earnest gaze at the camera.

You are my mother's ideal child: conscious enough of your personal appearance that you would shoo away the dirty kids for fear of being dirty in your photo. The poor woman was stuck with *me*, who seemed to attract more dirt than any other three children put together.