Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chicken, Children, Cookies, & Cream

Photobucket
So between going to Hooter’s yesterday and Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles today I am feeling all kinds of good! I was sitting here today just reading this Steve Martini book called Shadow of Power and making my latest Podcast when my cousin Malakia called. She asked if I had ever been to Roscoe before. I told her that I had but it was a couple of years ago. She’s like “Well, never mind then.” Whatever! I tell her that I still want some. So she says she is nearby with her nieces and will be here soon.

She gets here and has these two little girls with a ton of hair on their heads. We get to Roscoe and get a table immediately. I thought we would have to wait since there were folks just waiting around outside and near the front door. I got the Number 9 (three wings and a waffle) with some tea/lemonade my cousin talked me into. It turned out to be a new taste and delicious. We finished up and saw someone laying on the ground while cops looked on.
Photobucket
We headed to get some stuff for Malakia’s mom for Mother’s Day tomorrow. The whole time her nieces are talking. Eventually we head to a show store for Malakia to get some stuff. She leaves me in the car with the kids. Oh, we grabbed another kid on the way. A baby girl named Trinity. Yeah. So the girls proceed to ask me random ass questions.

“What’s your favorite cartoon?” (Family Guy)

“If you were stuck on an island what would you bring?” (lotion)

“How old are you?” (812)

“Why do you act like you’re 5?” (I have a condition)

The island question was funny. They said they would bring a fridge full of food. I told them to enjoy their food while being all kinds of ashy. They said at least they’d be full of food. I reminded them that they wouldn’t be able to open their mouths to eat because they would be so ashy that when they took a bite their lips would bleed. Good times.

After that we headed to Rite-Aid and got some ice cream (cookies and cream!). I was dropped off and Malakia shouted out her window that the girls said I should be a comedian to which I replied “Meh!!!” I had a fun day and got some awesome ass food. I am really enjoying life right now.

Rockets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW DARE YOU tempt me with Roscoe's wonderful charms while I am miles away and powerless to indulge! For Shame! On another note, I spend oodles of time trying to convince you that you have great comedic ability and then you start to consider it after a couple of chidlers suggest it once. I see who has priority in Dante's eyes.