Friday, November 23, 2012

Kids These Days 11


Ever hear of the “Ice & Salt Challenge”? Neither had I until seeing a news report about it. Who knows what kind of retarded ass shit that kids these days are getting into? The point of the Ice & Salt Challenge is to wet your skin, put salt on your skin, doesn’t matter where, and then you add an ice cube to it. Next you wait while your skin slowly then quite quickly burn your flesh while your friends watch and laugh. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? DOESN’T IT?!

For anyone that lives where it snows on a regular basis you probably read that first paragraph and laughed or cringed at the level of stupidity it would take to try something like this. I have been in the snow only once and have almost died from swallowing an ice cube. That is my experience with cold. But at one point in my life I was very smart. I know the chemical process that occurs when ice meets salt…meets skin.

Water usually freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit when is zero Celsius. Zero. Adding salt to the mixture makes the ice pulled energy form the nearest source meaning some dumb ass kids skin. Next thing you know you have sexy blisters, frostbite, or an amazing second degree burn. I don’t know about you but I’m just dying to try this! The reason this is in the news and brought to my attention and now yours is because some 12 year old in Pittsburg decided to try this. On his back. Stop reading now if you don’t wanna see something gross.

I’m serious. Right now is the time for you to back out. I know some folks scroll through looking just at pictures before reading and may miss this warning so this is just for you. Back out now. Still around? Well, here you go. I present the youth of our world!

Still believe that children are the future?

This superstar ended up with blisters and second degree burns on his back and needs to come up with a great lie for future friends and relationships to explain why he has the image of a fucking huge cross on his back. Say its stigmata. He’s been put on antibiotics and medication to keep him from screaming like a little bitch whenever he lies on his back. His parents released this statement.

“Videos on You Tube, Facebook and other social media do not accurately show the terrible injuries that can result. We are grateful that our son is recovering and hope that sharing his story will stop other young people from attempting this stunt.”

Nope!

Are kids that bored?! What happened to sniffing glue, fingering girls on couches near their parents, and the fainting game? Are kids that goddamned stupid that putting ice on their arm with salt is something that they hear about or see online and go “Oh, we totally have to try that!”? You fucking idiots. I wish this stuff would thin the herd more. You kids are stupid.

Click here for previous Kids These Days.

2 comments:

Hoozle said...

The Fainting Game? Something I missed out on, whatever it is.

Usually these posts of yours make me giggle at the grumpiness of Old Man Dante, but this is ludicrous. But this shit is what happens when you protect your kids so much that they're not tumbling around the neighbourhood streets/fields/gardens and hurting themselves and learning the boundaries of what their bodies can take. Those occasional bumps/bruises/sprains/broken limbs that were a normal part of our less-supervised childhoods also led us to do fewer stupid things because we knew what hurting and scars were about. I have a cute pink scar on my knee which I treasure from the time I went flying off a tree branch into a rock quarry while waving my Indiana Jones-style (in my eyes) leather bootlace around the place. I didn't need to deliberately scar myself for kicks.

Dante said...

The fainting game is when you hold your breath and let someone punch you in the heart and you faint. Ah, good times...

I have scars from random childhood stuff but I can proudly say that none are chemical burns from something I saw on Youtube.