Tuesday, November 20, 2012

PETA Is At It Again


Attention. That’s what its all about for PETA. Whether its good attention which is rare or bad attention which it almost always is seems to be their goal. Just look at that picture above. Read that line a few times and explain how someone was paid to think that was a good idea. Lately the organization accused the Peter Jackson and the makers of their latest film in New Zealand, The Hobbit. They are being accused of the deaths of over twenty horses. PETA is being accused of not actually checking the allegations made before jumping on their shit covered high horse.

“The Hobbit production has always instituted swift and immediate investigations in to any concerns of any kind over the treatment of animals under its care. A prompt and thorough investigation into the recent unsubstantiated allegations by the American organization, PETA, in to the ‘hobbling’ of a horse during the making of The Hobbit was undertaken. No evidence of such a practice was found to have occurred at any time.” 

The owners of the horses that were used also issued a statement calling PETA out on their bullshit. I really wish more people would do this when they pop up with their batch of nonsense as it would hopefully call more attention to the fact that they love to jump guns.

And scar the fuck out of children!

“I am 100% happy with the return of Shanghai and his condition. In the term that he was leased he was picked up and returned to me two times. On both occasions there was not a mark on him and he was healthy and happy. He has shown no signs of ill-treatment. I would not hesitate in leasing him to the movie again.” Does that sound like a group of people that had their animals jacked up?


"Uh...yes?" says one of the asshats that was fired for animal abuse.

No. Turns out that the ones who have gotten in trouble for animal abuse are the accusers. Two wranglers that were let go because of their work have waited until the film is about to come out to bring these charges up against Peter Jackson. You fucking maroons.

But don’t let things like facts let alone common sense stop PETA. The Munky brought the fact that they want people to stop eating fish by having them renamed “sea kittens.” I’ll give you a moment. Just let that sink in. Its not bad enough they used trained animals that should be in the wild for their ads or nudity to push their agenda. They think we need to stop eating fish.

You are now leaving Logictown!

“People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.

Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?”

Allow me a moment to rant. Oh, before I start though, way to go with the Britney Spears knock. Very current reference. So I am going to assume that PETA is just about animals. I really do wish vegetables could scream. What would it sound like at a Jamba Juice?! All those fruits and vegetables being tossed into a machine, sliced so much they liquefy, and consumed. Oh, the horror! Its fucking fish, okay?

"We don't need food! We shall feast off the sunlight!"

Let’s pretend. Yay, pretend time! Let’s pretend we live in a Garden of Eden. A world where suddenly we don’t eat any animal. None. We allow them to bone and reproduce unchecked. Spay and neuter, you say? Good luck with that. I don’t think mountain lions are gonna sit there and let you drug them and slice their nuts off. Are the animals gonna not eat one another? Or will they ask for PETA’s blessing before doing so? And have fun getting to work when you have this sitting on the hood of your car!

Somebody's gonna be late...

I cant make up the kind of bullshit this group does. Its on a level of absurdity that people go to clown college to learn. I like animals. Particularly ones I can fit between a bun. If you belong to this group or support their ideas your money would be better spent helping out your local animal shelters or giving to animals sanctuaries which is where exotic animals that dumb asses once owned before realizing that having a pet ostrich in their studio apartment was a bad idea. Find your local ASPCA or donate to your local shelter. Do your homework. Do you really need that cockeyed, inbred $3,000 Dalmatian?

3 comments:

Hoozle said...

I wonder if they do more harm than good. They are bloody annoying. I actually don't mind about the nudity, so what? Everything uses sex and boobies to get their message across, I don't understand why nudity for animal rights is offensive.

I volunteer occasionally with a animal shelters and to be honest, some of them are PETA on a small scale. A lot of the people who work/volunteer there are sensitive single childless women (like me!) who have difficulties with human relationships and pour their love into their pets. There are far worse ways to deal with your damage, but I can only be in those shelters for so long before the people begin to really depress me, never mind the poor animals.

Sea kittens. I ask you. However, if you really love and care for all animals, and not just the one you share your home with, you won't eat them. There's a lot of double-think about that among animal lovers but if you say you love animals and then participate in the meat industry as a consumer...you're not practising what you preach. I certainly don't. I just had a serious amount of fried pig for breakfast. But at least I admit to my hypocrisy. That's another reason I find being around animal shelters difficult. This sentimental bullshit about cute balls of fluff that make us feel good is all very well, but if your empathy doesn't extend to unsexy animals like cows, then whatever.

Yeah I know I'm being very harsh.

Dante said...

The fact that they use nudity to push their agenda makes me think of them as more of a joke than I already do. There's this food place called Carl's Jr. here that have had commercials so sexual they were removed. Their new one has two girls fighting over a grill wearing tiny shorts and tops while two guys film them. It doesn't make me wanna eat there. Especially since I know the girls that work there are two foot tall chicks with bad attitudes.

There is no one that can say they are for animal rights across the board unless they grow and make their own clothing and plant their own vegetables and use no animal labor. I love dogs and hate that so many are destroyed. Cats? Meh. Sharks? Fuck those things. Alligators? Aah! Its like the people who are all about human rights but use cell phones and shit that are created from children mining dangerous ass substances. That's for a whole 'nother blog.

Hoozle said...

Oh I see what you mean about the nudity. Yeah, it's dumb.

I don't agree you have to go to those extremes to properly live by the principles of animal welfare. That's PETA-crazy. I think animals that have been hunted or fished are fair game (no pun intended). I'm ok with killing and eating animals, I'm not ok with the levels of abuse endured by farmed animals (I know I'm being a total douche about this as I eat farmed meat). I'm ok with leather and wool etc as there are no good alternatives. But this double-think among animal welfare activists is ridiculous. I have heard some of them complain about the cruelty of people who hunt for sport and meat while chowing down on a battery-farmed chicken burger. Complete denial. It's not that hard to be a vegetarian and most of us would be ok nutritionally to give up most or all meat. We could if we wanted to. I might someday. When pigs stop being yum.