Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dante & Friends Talk Buses 2


People like to scream on the bus. One day while coming from the DMV I got aboard the Santa Monica 4 bus and this young Black dude was screaming and yelling. Now, knowing I’m coming from the DMV my mood is already not a pleasant one. So listening to this asshat is not improving my outlook on life.

I’ll beat any motherfuckers ass! Fuck you, bitch!” He’s screaming at a girl who refused to talk to him. “What you gon’ do?!” he shouts to a guy who tells him to settle down. “I’ll beat any ni**a on this bus that step to me!

Enter Dante.

I am standing a few seats away from all this horseshit and am tired of it. As he says he will beat anyone I straighten to my full height and turn towards him. He stops mid sentence, looks at me, lowers his head…and sits down. A few people start laughing. I wanted to laugh but didn’t want to ruin the show. I left the bus smiling knowing that I’m a large Black man that can scare people.

Here’s some stories from a few friends of mine involving travel.

"Disco Time" by Michelle

Did you ever see the tall white guy with the black man afro in LA? I saw you were looking for submissions to your bus blog so I'd thought I'd share. It's not really a crazy story but it is one that sticks out in my memory for some reason.

Anyways, I used to see this guy around town all the time when I lived in LA. He was one of the unusual people that you'd always see around like the tall lady with the unicorn hair (do you remember her?). I saw him on the bus that took you to the Farmer's Market from Melrose and Fairfax. I don't know if I was staring or what but he gave me a look and asked me “What? you've never seen a white man with an afro before?!” Um...actually no.

It was strange and awkward. This guy was a White White man. He had white person features so no possibility of him being an albino black man but this hair of his was that which 70's black singers dreamed of. Perfectly rounded with not a hair out of place. I think it was auburn colored.

"Joy Ride" by Njeeeri

I took a train trip up to northern California back when I was in my early twenties. Part of the route was by Amtrak bus that took me from Union Station to rendezvous with the train in Stockton. It must have been 3 or so on a warm summer day. I was listening to my Walkman as I looked out of the window at the highway. A cute white guy in a red convertible sports car drove really fast from an on ramp and caught up with the bus. He kept looking up at the bus windows as if he were looking for someone. I think the bus windows were tinted, so I simply watched this guy. He pulled into the next to the bus, and I could see he had his penis in one hand and the other on the steering wheel.

He kept looking up at the bus as I stared down at him in disbelief. I stood and looked and noticed there were only a few people on the bus. I sat Back down and looked at him. He was totally beating off and he exploded into the air. Naturally, it mostly flew and hit his chest. His face contorted with ecstasy and then he abruptly pulled off the next off ramp.

Click here for previous Dante & His Friends Talk Buses.

No comments: