Monday, June 18, 2012

Story Behind The Photo 13


"Do you work tomorrow?"

And so began the trip to San Francisco. It was a Friday night and we had all gone out to the club and dancing. Let me try and remember who all went. Me, Fish, Engineer, Scholar, Pirate, and maybe a couple other folks I cant think of right now. I had gotten so wasted. It was a nice drunk though. I was still functioning.

I was laying in Fish's room staring at the ceiling and enjoying the feeling of being bombed. Scholar, Pirate, Engineer, and Fish were in Engineer's room hanging out. I heard bits and pieces of their conversation.

"..Francisco?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Hey, Dante!"

"Huh?"

"Do you work tomorrow?"

"No."

"Wanna go to San Francisco?"

"When?"

"Now."

"Yeah."

We tried to get Engineer to come but she wouldn't. So Fish went and got ready. She was smart and packed a bag. The funny thing is that I lived a couple minutes away from their house and didn't think to ask to grab some shit from my house. I had one a white shirt, jeans, my leather jacket, and biker boots. We hopped into the car and grabbed some Carl's Jr. on the way that we barely touched.

Middle of nowhere.

Along the way we stopped and took pictures. It was awesome and I couldn't believe that just a few hours ago I was dancing in a club. We get there and its 4th of July weekend. We walked around everywhere and ate a ton of food. We got there fast as hell, too! I had just paid rent so my funds were all kinds of low. We ended up renting a room at a rip off rate because of the holidays. It was Scholar and Fish in one bed and me and Pirate in the other. We tried to find something to do for the night but ended up taking our asses to bed after watching Spaceballs.

The next morning we did the tourist thing. I had to get something to wear because I felt like a funkbot. We went to Aardvarks and I got the ugliest damned clothes ever. Some grandpa pants and a Hawaiian shirt. For whatever reason I also felt that I needed a shave. I had no shaving cream but I had bought a razor and used Lever 2000 for shaving cream. I turned my face into a crime scene in the process. Poor Fish found my washcloth and nearly gagged.

We went to China Town and I bought some ninja sais with my last $24. I was like "I wont be fine until these are physically in my house!" After we had breakfast and stuff (we ended up going to seven food places while we were there) we decided it was finally time to head back home. It was cool because on the way back I saw more stars in the sky than I ever had.

We got back home on Monday around 5:50am. I had to open the store at 6am. I brushed my teeth and went to work. Of course I took my sais with me. Everyone at work looked at my clothes and were like "What the hell did you do this weekend?"

No moral to this story. Just every once in a while you gotta do things you normally wouldn't. If you had told me that I would go to the club and then head up north that same night I would tell you to stop sniffing glue.

1 comment:

Hoozle said...

Great story, and great photos. I love the idea that you can just get a fit of adventure and a few hours later, hit San Francisco. Lucky.