Monday, June 25, 2012

Dante & His Friends Miss Food


Question for my blog. You can answer it here. If you could bring back any food, candy, or snack from your childhood that is no longer made, what would it be? Mine is Bacon Cheeto's.

Trixie: Whhhhhhhhhhhhhat? CHOCODILES MOFO!

Heather: Chocodiles factor heavily as a wooing tool in my upcoming novel.

As they should.

Dan: Goo Goo Clusters are two I can think of.

Heather: They still make those!

Dan: Chick O’ Sticks? Cherry Dr Pepper.

Heather: I think they still make all of those, baby.

Dante: Dan, some of the things you want are still around.

These will never leave you. Seriously. Humans cant digest this.

Dan: Damn. Okay, Tang, no one drinks Tang. I loved it.

Heather: Still exists. I think you need to read the post more carefully.

Shelly: Red cream soda.

Jesus Juice!

Dante: This thread is making me hungry as hell.

Dan: Shasta cream soda. I looked it up. They don’t make it anymore. Great with French vanilla ice cream.

Dante: Now are these snacks and drinks that you would have once and be fine with not having for years or are these things you'd punch the elderly for?

Trixie: I'd turn tricks for Chocodiles.

Proof.

Dan: Meh. I'd have them once and then leave them in the morning. Never mind, they do still make it. I give up.

Kiyoshi: Crystal Pepsi.

Also known as Devil's Bile.

Dante: You lie.

Kat: Hmmmm!!! Fried Clams from Howard Johnson's off of the Highway, when you're taking a long road trip. I had to set that up for you.

Dante: You're smart because you know I don't travel. I know HoJo's by name only.

HoJo's: Dante will never go here.

Dan: Stuckey's beats Hojo's!

Josh: HoJo's still exists.

Dante: This conversation, like many I start, has gone off the rails.

4 comments:

Hoozle said...

Ah, I remember times when you would post a question on FB and next thing there'd be a 30-comment long conversation going on. I've never seen anyone's Facebook page to be as active in terms of comments. As for my favourite childhood foods, I really miss Shannon raspberryade, a soft drink/soda/whatever you call it in California which has been off the market for probably 20 years. And I can still taste that unique tang. Saccharine was added to the recipe at some point which gave it an artifical flavour that ruined it, and then the company went out of business. One thing I'm glad made a comeback in Europe after being taken off the market when I was a kid is cherry coke. Cherry isn't a popular fruit or flavour here so cherry coke wasn't a success and disappeared in the space of a year sometime in the mid 80s. I thought it had just been taken off the market completely until I went working in Cape Cod in the late 90s and was thrilled to find it still on sale in the US. Pakistani and Indian grocery shops carry them here in Ireland and in France now, so I'm happy about that. And oh, Shannon raspberryade. It tasted of childhood *sob*.

Dante said...

Cherry Coke is good but when they came out with Vanilla Coke I lost my mind. Then I mixed it with whiskey and really did lose my mind. They have been bringing back "throwback" flavors using real sugar in certain sodas. I tried the Mt. Dew one and it tasted like what I imagine cat pee tastes like.

Hoozle said...

I tried Mexican Coke in Arizona last year, it was incredible. Sugar is the way to go.

Dante said...

They hide Mexican Coke here. You can get it on catering trucks along with other Mexican name brand sodas. The strangest place I found it was at Fry's. What makes that weird is that Fry's is an electronics store in the middle of Burbank. It makes no sense.