Thursday, August 30, 2012

Stop Letting Old Folks Drive!


Enough is enough. Can we stop pretending that old ass people on the road is a perfectly natural thing? Because its not. And for anyone out there saying “My grandmother drove until she was 80!” you're a bad grandchild for making her do that. Plus, she'd still be 20 years younger than Preston Carter who is blaming his brakes for the fact that he plowed over eleven people including nine kids across the street from their school in Los Angeles.

I walk and take the bus everywhere and I know how bad old people are behind the wheel, let alone someone that was born a century ago! Think about that shit. I can live my life three times and still have a year left over to equal this dudes age. Everyone is expected to survive but a few of the kids are in critical condition. According to witnesses people started screaming and banging on his window for him to stop but he continued because old people have experience and no time for your bullshit, youngin'.

"I've had decades to come up with an alibi! Nyah!"

“My brakes failed. It was out of control” he told KCAL. No, you're out of control. The DMV is out of control. The whole goddamn system is out of control! There is no place on the planet where someone that is a hundred should be allowed to drive. I so don't care how well their record is. Past 70, you're done. Next week he is gonna be 101 years old. “You know I'm sorry about that. I wouldn't do that for nothing on earth. My sympathies for them” he said of the folks he crushed.

Apparently here in California if you are over 70 the DMV will make you renew your license in person. Some drivers are required to take vision exams and possibly a driving test. Grandpa Leadfoot is not even under arrest for this. As if the roads weren't bad enough with Amanda Bynes wrecking cars every two weeks, not I have to worry about someone who was 57 when we landed on the moon being on the loose.

2 comments:

Hoozle said...

Hahaha! Oh dear. I just knew you were going to blog about this.

Dante said...

Damn straight! Tired of this nonsense. Keep your old ass at home and not in a two ton vehicle.