Monday, August 5, 2013

D-A-N-T-E


I just got home from Vegas visiting the hotness with my best friend, Cam. On the way home we swung by a Starbucks to keep our asses charged up for the long ride home. You know how when you go to those places how they ask for your name. We all know my name is Dante, right? Yeah. In case you didn’t know that is my name. One of them. Its not my actual first name. Long story short, I discovered when I was nine years old that I had a different first name.

“The name Dante is an Italian name that originates as a shortened version of “Durante” meaning ‘enduring,’ ‘lasting’ or ‘steadfast’ stemming from the Latin ‘divans,’ which is the present participle of ‘durare’ meaning ‘to last,’ ‘to continue’ or ‘to endure.’”

To me Dante is a very simple name. As you can see from the picture not everyone agrees. This chick spelled it Dontay. This is not the first time this has happened. I have seen it spelled Dontae, Daunte, Dantay, Donte, and Dantay. I have been told many times that the way I spell it is wrong. I don’t argue with people over it. I know when I’m right.

No comments: