Thursday, June 9, 2016

While You Were Sleeping: Rapist Brock Allen Turner

I heard about this case a few days ago and wanted to wait for more information to come out. So far its been nothing but more bullshit proving that some humans are just terrible people that do not deserve to be alive. Brock Allen Turner who was born on August 1st 1995 was convicted for sexually assaulting a 22 year old woman behind a dumpster while she was unconscious before being found by two Swedish guys that caught him, one asking him “Why are you smiling?” as he tried to escape. This took place at the Stanford campus. In March he was convicted of three felony sexual assault charges and sentenced to 6 months in jail and three years probation but will actually spend about three months inside if he behaves himself. That is a far cry from the six years that were being asked for.

Turner, his father Dan Turner, and the victim have all released various statements regarding what occurred that night. I'll start with this piece of fucking shit Brock. Seriously, after posting what everyone said I'll comment on this guy, his father, the victim, and the way I feel about humanity regarding all of this. I'll be editing a lot of their content but if you want to read any of it in its entirety it is available online.

Brock Turner: “The night of January 17th changed my life and the lives of everyone involved forever. I can never go back to being the person I was before that day. I am no longer a swimmer, a student, a resident of California, or the product of the work that I put in to accomplish the goals that I set out in the first nineteen years of my life. Not only have I altered my life, but I've also changed [redacted] and her family's life. I am the sole proprietor of what happened on the night that these people's lives were changed forever. I would give anything to change what happened that night. I can never forgive myself for imposing trauma and pain on [redacted].

If I were to be placed on probation, I can positively say, without a single shred of doubt in my mind, that I would never have any problem with law enforcement. Before this happened, I never had any trouble with law enforcement and I plan on maintaining that. I've been shattered by the party culture and risk taking behavior that I briefly experienced in my four months at school. I've lost my chance to swim in the Olympics. I've lost my ability to obtain a Stanford degree. I've lost employment opportunity, my reputation and most of all, my life. I will never put myself through an event where it will give someone the ability to question whether I really can be a betterment to society. I want no one, male or female, to have to experience the destructive consequences of making decisions while under the influence of alcohol. I want to be a voice of reason in a time where people's attitudes and preconceived notions about partying and drinking have already been established. I want to let young people know, as I did not, that things can go from fun to ruined in just one night.”

No, you can't go back to being the person you once were because you were once an entitled asshole and am now an entitled rapist. You are a rapist. He is a rapist. He can't go back from that. No amount of jail time served can remove that title. You shouldn't have to worry about your career, swimming, or getting a better reputation because you are a rapist. Blame alcohol and “party culture” all you want. Plenty of people have drank and not raped someone the same some have drank and realized that getting behind the wheel of a vehicle was a bad idea.

This fucker is painting himself as a guy that made one bad decision and should be forgiven because he feels bad and can't get work or sleep well. I'm pretty sure that the woman you raped feels the same way, you sick dick. Prosecutors stated “He purposefully took her to an isolated area, away from all of the party goers, to an area that was dimly lit, and assaulted her on the ground behind a dumpster. He deliberately took advantage of the fact that she was so intoxicated that she could not form a sentence, let alone keep her eyes open or stand. This behavior is not typical assaultive behavior that you find on campus, but it is more akin to a predator who is searching for prey.” Judge Aaron Persky said “A prison sentence would have a severe impact on him. I think he will not be a danger to others.” So pretty much this girl is on her own and can just be raped behind a dumpster and have the law think its not all that bad. Below is a statement from his father.

Dan Turner: “As it stands now, Brock's life has been deeply altered forever by the events of Jan 17th and 18th. He will never be his happy go lucky self with that easy going personality and welcoming smile. His every waking minute is consumed with worry, anxiety, fear, and depression. You can see this in his face, the way he walks, his weakened voice, his lack of appetite. Brock always enjoyed certain types of food and is a very good cook himself. I was always excited to buy him a big ribeye steak to grill or to get his favorite snack for him. I had to make sure to hide some of my favorite pretzels or chips because I knew they wouldn't be around long after Brock walked in from a long swim practice. Now he barely consumes any food and eats only to exist. These verdicts have broken and shattered him and our family in so many ways. His life will never be the one that he dreamed about and worked so hard to achieve. That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life.”


I understand as a parent wanting to stand by your child but come right the fuck on. No one gives a fuck that your rapist son can't eat. He should spend every moment of his life worrying, full of anxiety, and fear from attack. No rapist should ever sleep well. No rapist should ever feel safe. Everyone that is a bad person or done something bad has someone that can say “They aren't like that.” And to say he is paying a steep price for “20 minutes of action” just proves where your shitty son got his attitude from. Your son should be dead and you need to be talked to. With fists. No woman should feel safe around this guy including his sisters or any woman he meets in the future. Why? Because he is a rapist.

The Victim: “I pulled down the hospital pants they had given me, went to pull down my underwear, and felt nothing. I still remember the feeling of my hands touching my skin and grabbing nothing. I looked down and there was nothing. The thin piece of fabric, the only thing between my vagina and anything else, was missing and everything inside me was silenced. I still don't have words for that feeling. Then, I felt pine needles scratching the back of my neck and started pulling them out my hair.

My clothes were confiscated and I stood naked while the nurses held a ruler to various abrasions on my body and photographed them. The three of us worked to comb the pine needles out of my hair, six hands to fill one paper bag. To calm me down, they said it’s just the flora and fauna, flora and fauna. I had multiple swabs inserted into my vagina and anus, needles for shots, pills, had a Nikon pointed right into my spread legs. I had long, pointed beaks inside me and had my vagina smeared with cold, blue paint to check for abrasions.

After a few hours of this, they let me shower. I stood there examining my body beneath the stream of water and decided, I don’t want my body anymore. I was terrified of it, I didn't know what had been in it, if it had been contaminated, who had touched it. I wanted to take off my body like a jacket and leave it at the hospital with everything else. He said he had asked if I wanted to dance. Apparently I said yes. He'd asked if I wanted to go to his dorm, I said yes. Then he asked if he could finger me and I said yes. Most guys don't ask, can I finger you? Usually there’s a natural progression of things, unfolding consensually, not a Q and A. But apparently I granted full permission. He's in the clear. Even in his story, I only said a total of three words, yes yes yes, before he had me half naked on the ground.

Future reference, if you are confused about whether a girl can consent, see if she can speak an entire sentence. You couldn't even do that. Just one coherent string of words. Where was the confusion? This is common sense, human decency. According to him, the only reason we were on the ground was because I fell down. Note; if a girl falls down help her get back up. If she is too drunk to even walk and falls down, do not mount her, hump her, take off her underwear, and insert your hand inside her vagina. If a girl falls down help her up. If she is wearing a cardigan over her dress don't take it off so that you can touch her breasts. Maybe she is cold, maybe that's why she wore the cardigan.”

No one, man or woman, should have to go through this. The fact that rape kits and such prove that there are monsters in this world and they are real. No need to say that you should be careful when you drink because as an adult when you make that decision you sign a contract with reality saying that by consuming this beverage or taking this drug I am leaving myself open to whatever. That still gives no human the right to rape someone. Ever. That is never okay. If this girl were in my family this guy would be hunted down for the rest of his life. He would never rest. She continued.

“I was not ready to tell my boyfriend or parents that actually, I may have been raped behind a dumpster, but I don't know by who or when or how. If I told them, I would see the fear on their faces, and mine would multiply by tenfold, so instead I pretended the whole thing wasn't real. I tried to push it out of my mind, but it was so heavy I didn't talk, I didn't eat, I didn't sleep, I didn't interact with anyone. After work, I would drive to a secluded place to scream. I didn't talk, I didn't eat, I didn't sleep, I didn't interact with anyone, and I became isolated from the ones I loved most.”


It is so fucking sad that when something like this happens that victims are afraid to say anything for any reason. People should feel safe enough to scream from the mountains that this happened to them without being ashamed. But then cases like this happen and even more people that want to speak realize that sometimes justice is not served. Sometimes the rapist gets summer vacation in jail. There are even reports saying that Stanford has close to one sexual assault every two weeks for the last three years.

What needs to happen are immediate trials for rapists. No probation. No bail. This isn't a case of he said/she said. This guy was caught by two others and if they had not this guy wasn't going to feel bad about it later and turn himself in. He didn't want to lose the chance to play in the water for America! Why would he turn himself in for raping someone? It wasn't him. It was the alcohol! It was the party culture of school! It was everything but him! This fucking idiot.

Click here for previous While You Were Sleeping.  

2 comments:

MArk said...

I was with you Dante until I read her part of the story. She is full of shit. They were both drunk and she said yes. She has a boyfriend and she's going out with another dude. Part me feel sorry for her, but part of me says she should do a reality check and get her shit together.

Dante said...

For sure she needs to get her shit together. I think we could say that about anyone that gets drunk to the point where they are having strange sex. I mention that when I say when you get hammered you sign a contract with reality that anything can happen. But this still doesn't get dude off the hook for banging a drunk woman behind a dumpster and trying to run away when you get caught.