Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Story Behind The Photo 21

When I went to see my family after four years of keeping away my mother busted out some old pictures. One of the pictures I found was this one of my, my sister, brother, and Grandmama (big G like she the President). The thing I love about old photos is that when I see them I remember everything that led up to it happening. This image is strange because I am wearing shorts and a hockey shirt. I don't like hockey! I wear shorts once every five years. I was about 16 or 16 years old when this was taken. I think 16 because this is the second house we lived at on this street. The couch that we are on is one of the two I had in my apartment that didn't have to be brought in through the window. I don't know why Grandmama is there because none of us are wearing Easter clothes or anything and she rarely just showed up. This is a pretty good mental image I have of her. Even though for the last few years of her life she stopped dyeing her hair red I still picture her with it and the same type of glasses she wore since I was a kid.

Click here for previous Story Behind The Photo.

No comments: