Saturday, March 2, 2013

Story Behind The Photo 17



I have very little initiative when it comes to involving others in things that I do. I consider myself rather dull with extreme bursts of nonsense that hopefully is recorded for proof that I'm alive. My best friend Cam is the opposite. She loves planning events and things for people to do together. I cant very well invite folks to come and iron clothes with me or watch hours of fights on Youtube. So a few months ago when she came up with the idea to go hiking once a month I was so down with it. Yes, people still say “down.” The pictures were provided by Cam and Donna

Last month we went to Kenneth Hahn to hike and it was awesome. Besides the fact that lots of hot chicks were involved it got me out of the house. There was this one hill that Cam affectionately called “The Murder Hill” that we thought we avoided. We went one way and it led to La Brea, a street, so we turned, hiked back, and went up this sumbitch. It hurt but we survived, went and had a great breakfast, and headed home with plans to see a movie later.

That so didn't happen.

Girlish giggling snapped me out of my daze momentarily. 

I'd gotten off work at 5am, came home and got two hours rest, and then hiked. I was burnt out. So last weekend we headed to Griffith Park for a good hike. It was fun! We ended up having to slide on our asses at one point or billy goat our asses down. This hike kicked my ass and my legs were sore for days afterward. I just fully recovered. Again, running on a few hours of sleep we got there around 8am and waited for folks to show up.

I gots my own spot!

This was fun because there was so much stuff to check out. We went to this monkey ass cafe after the hike and waited in line for damn near an hour. I got a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and coffee for over $10. The sandwich was just a sandwich and the coffee fucked my brain up something fierce. I don't know what they put in it but my body hated it. I was rambling, singing nonsense, and couldn't hold a conversation. The others experienced carbonated tomato in their sandwiches. I'm not even gonna try and figure that nonsense out. The next hike is already planned for later this month and I cant wait for it. These have been awesome and I'm still looking forward to sucker punching a bear!

In prison this would've been free.

Click here for previous Story Behind The Photo.

No comments: