Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dante's Fuckit List Entry 3

Welcome to the third of my Fuckit List blogs. There’s something that I used to dream of having when I was growing up. No, not pubes, a hot girlfriend, and rocking facial hair. But as the years continue to tick on by I have started to realize that I don’t need it as much as I believed that I did. If you want to check out my first couple Fuckit List entries click here and here.

Owning A Home.




When I was younger and had, like, hope and dreams, I thought that it was inevitable that I would own a home. You finish school, get a job, boom. Now you own a home. I was lucky enough to get my own apartment by 21 (just one day before my 21st birthday). My next goal was to have a home by the age of 30. Yeah. That didn’t quite work out the way I had planned.

Living in an apartment isn’t that bad. It depends on neighbors and stuff just like in a home. Plus there’s really no need for me to have a house to myself since there is just…myself. I don’t have kids, anyone to take care of, or even pets. So why in the blue hell would I need a house? Exactly.

What I would like is a ranch on a compound. But that kinda thing is frowned upon by the government. Damn, I wish I had a farm. I’d sit on my porch watching all my pet wolves running around guarding my tiger cages while holding my shotgun. Why do I have a shotgun? I don’t know. It’s the future. I’m sure they’ve cloned dinosaurs or some shit. Plus I live in California where we're constantly one bad quake away from having our lives changed. "Hey, this pile used to be my amazing home!"

Either way, fuck owning a home.

No comments: