Monday, March 19, 2012

Walking Dead Gets It Right...Finally


As a nerd I know that I am hard to please when it comes to certain things. These things are very particular and surely maddening for people who don’t understand them. Explaining to a teacher in high school why The Diamond Cutter is the best and most effective move in wrestling ever fell on deaf ears. Describing in vivid detail why Batman who has no superpowers can defeat Superman who has every superpower is ignored. And why I refused to watch one of the highest rated shows, Walking Dead, because one character wasn’t featured.

I liked the comic book Walking Dead. It didn’t knock my draws off or anything but I liked it. The writing was very inconsistent at times and there were times when it would take a while for the next issue and when it did come out it was very picture heavy with no words. But I forgave it. That is until I saw that there was no real ending. It’s the same feeling I got when I watched certain TV shows.

The Lake, Lost, Lie To Me, The Event, Heroes, and No Ordinary Family to name a few. You just get the feeling that the show is being made up as it goes along with the writers having no clear idea of where the hell the show is actually going. So yeah. I gave up on reading Walking Dead.


I ended up getting a few more issues from an old co-worker that got me back into it with the introduction of a character named Michonne. She is a sword wielding Black chick that shows up with two zombies on chains. Their arms and jaws have been removed and she just arrives with them like this is perfectly normal.

Now I am forced to go back and watch the previous two seasons of the series just to lead up to something I know happens because of hot ass wrestler Persephone Vice. She alerted me to the fact that Michonne arrived since she heard me bitch and moan about the fact that the show lacked a crazy Black woman swinging swords.


I cant wait to wait to watch a new show every week. The last ones I had on a regular basis were 24, Smallville, Lie To Me, Heroes, Luther, and Being Human. Here’s me hoping that Walking Dead joins this short ass list.

No comments: