Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dante's Beat Up Ass Ceiling


For the past week I’ve been bitching about my raggedy ass ceiling. Monday morning I woke up and went to get a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch because I’m a grown ass man and can eat whatever the fuck I want. I look at the ceiling and it was closer to me than it was the previous night. “That’s not good…” I said aloud and called the owner’s sister who kinda sorta has something to do with getting shit fixed. It had a crack in it for years and I never got it repaired because whenever they “fix” something in my place they make something else worse.


I was talking to a friend when I heard a crack and slam which is also what I call it when I have sex. I called my building people again and told them that shit was getting real and I didn’t want to come home from work with an extra apartment in my kitchen. She huffed and puffed like I was calling about a leaking faucet. She said someone would come to check it out. The next day the building manager looked at it, made some sounds, and said someone would be coming Wednesday. What the fuck?


So Wednesday comes and the “workers” are supposed to be here at 9am and roll in around 11am. Mind you, I am running on two hours of sleep and am in a bad mood. One worker comes in and…that’s it. He just looks at the hole and says they will come Friday. So two of them come Friday and forty five minutes later take a lunch break. Then they start blasting loud Spanish music and I go in there, moan like a zombie, and they turn it off. They leave me with an hour to “sleep” before heading to work.


Today they finished. I have to admit that it looks pretty damned good. It gave me a chance to get rid of a bunch of stuff in my kitchen and gut a few of my cabinets. All in all I’m glad that a chunk of my ceiling came down. Next I’m gonna get some new tile and have my carpet replaced. I think that’s all. This is what’s cool about having a blog. I can talk about whatever random shit I want. Now time to record a Rosscast!

2 comments:

Hoozle said...

WooWoo, Rosscast! Don't forget my question or I'll cry. Your ceiling looks great, love when shit like that gets all shiny and new. I had a similar experience a few years ago when half the plaster in the ceiling of my kitchen/living room fell off in the middle of the night. I had a friend staying on the couch the same night, a few feet away from the falling plaster, and I was woken up by a CRUMP sound at 4am followed by a high-pitched scream. As I was living on a street right between the red light district and a seriously posh district, I rolled over and went back to sleep as I was used to strange noises. Went into the kitchen the next morning to find my friend cowering under a blanket covered in plaster dust and half my ceiling on the floor. No more old leaky buildings for me.

Dante said...

I wont forget your question. Its the reason I'm doing an entire listener question episode. I remember you telling me about your ceiling falling on your friend and you just shrugging it off. Savage.

I cant wait to have a lot of other stuff here repaired and just new looking. I've been here for twelve years which is surprising to me. A few more and my ass is gone. Can only take living across from a gay bar for so long.