Thursday, October 11, 2012

Story Behind The Photo 16

About three years ago I went to the library with Cam to play with kids toys and draw on the ground. No, not because I'm just some hooligan that just combs the city streets looking for ways to cause destruction. Usually. I would go to help out with the Easter events, Halloween, and festivals. I miss doing that. It gave me an up close and personal view of the enemy: kids. This first image is me trying to get into a ball pit. I want one and cant have it so when I have the chance to get into one, whether I fit or not, I'm getting in the damned thing. So I did. Or tried. Either way it was fun. I'm looking at this picture and am pissed knowing that I don't own those pants anymore. I think I tore the ass out of them. And that shirt is falling apart because I had it for way too long.

This is me sitting outside during the chalk festival which was always fun. Every time I drew with chalk I did a Homer Simpson and a Pac-Man. Why? Because they are easy as hell to draw. You can tell that I am admiring my art. Or cooling off because it was hot as hell. Oh, and for those that don't know, if I'm gonna be out of the house for a while I'm gonna bring a small towel with me because my head loves to sweat. I have that same green towel in my small bag right now. Anyhoot, kids show up and Cam has all these packages of chalk and chips, water, and stuff for the kids to use to draw. There are always some kids that would try and get more chalk than they needed or lied about how many bags of chips they had. Don't tell me you didn't have a bag of Dorito's when you got yellow fingers and cheese crumbs all over your chin! Still, I always had fun at these. One of the last events I went to was the bubble festival. That was awesome! I got to fill two kiddie pools with soapy water and judge kids making bubbles. I videotaped it and listen to the shit I said to those kids and I'm sure some of them are scarred. I made loser horn sounds and laughed when their bubbles sucked. And just to prove that I'm not the only one that cant resist playing with children's toys...

Uh-huh...
Click here for previous Story Behind The Photo.

1 comment:

Sort of Camille said...

I've got a big ol Thomas the Tank Engine to play in too now! the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round... Hope it gets stuck in your head! HA!