Thursday, September 5, 2013

Shit Just Got Real 6


I was watching this news story a few days ago about this chick, Melinda Slick, and how she got told off by a bus driver. In late August while on the bus Slick complained to the driver about how cold it was on the bus. She sat there with her arms tucked into her shirt and eventually got off the bus. There were some more words between the two and before Slick got off the bus the driver said to her "As long as you’re short, fat and white, you will not speak to me like that again."

In an interview Slick said that she was "completely speechless. I didn’t know what to say. As soon as I stepped off the bus, I lost it. The tears just started flowing. I have struggled with my weight my whole entire life. I’ve been bullied and picked on all through school because of it." I've spoken before how it is to ride buses here (click here to read my Five Things I Learned Riding The Bus) and how you are at the mercy of the drivers. You can talk shit to them all you want but they can also choose to kick your ass off the bus.

There must be some Toros in the atmosphere. 

That didn't happen.. Slick continued to ride and continued talking shit with this driver. Some folks don't know when to shut the fuck up. Just had to say that. "I definitely feel race played a huge issue in it. If that would have been a white bus driver that made a comment like that to an African-American, they would have been fired" Slick said. I usually agree that race plays an issue but I don't think if the tables were turned it would have been a big deal. Know why? Because the shit happens all the time. Some of the worst drivers are the Black dudes who don't give a fuck about your safety as a passenger.

The driver has had her route changed but Slick doesn't think that is enough. "They did inform me she would be off of this route, but she would be able to drive other routes. She should not be able to drive buses anymore." Yeah...that's not gonna happen.


This is the part where shit gets real.

Something about this story rubbed me the wrong way. There was a creepy uncle vibe going on and I decided to start looking this chick up. Turns out that last year she was in the news for stealing over $23,000 in lottery tickets from her job to cover costs from having her hours cut at the gas station. She faced $25,000 in fines and 10 years in prison. Obviously that didn't happen.

"On Oct. 21, police were called to Waukesha Fuel Stop after one of the owners reported Slick had stolen $1,200 that day and was fired. Video surveillance showed her grab tickets and take them back to an office area where she scratched them off and threw out the losers."

Police also checked out out video of her at work spending half her shift scratching tickets but couldn't tell how many because she took so many. I've had a theory for a while. There are people put on the planet to just fuck with other people. Just walking the Earth coming to your job to ask for the manager, saying something is broken to get money back, standing in the middle of the escalator, standing in the middle of the sidewalk on a busy street. Shit like that. This chick seems like that type.

I know it may seem like I am coming down hard on this dame. So I decided to check out her Facebook page. By the way, Melinda Slick, you should change your privacy settings. Her posts consists of complaining about not having money, not having friends, starting a new job, being tired from her new job, wanting to sleep, starting a new job. I shit you not that is her page. Slick is shady as hell and I hope that driver gets her route back. Don't worry. Slick will be back in the news for something else before you know it.

Click here for previous Shit Just Got Real Posts.

2 comments:

Cat said...

To be honest I get a creepy uncle vibe from how much interest you've taken in this woman. Googling her and looking her up on Facebook? Really?

Dante said...

I try to Google most people I write about. They usually have their pages on lock but this one didn't. Its called research, dagnabbit!