Saturday, December 7, 2013

Kids These Days 27


Kids are stupid. This is another case of social media being used when back when I was a kid if something like this ever happened the only people that would know about it is you and whoever you told. I'm sure by now you have all heard about actor Paul Walker dying in a car crash last week. If you didn't know that then I'm sorry you found out because of this blog. Also, he is the White dude in the Fast & Furious movies. So he died and hours after the crash what was left of the car was being transported away a piece of it was stolen. Enter 18 year old Jameson Witty.

A witness saw the tow truck carrying the wrecked Porsche stopped at a light. At this point Witty decides “Logic and respect for the law and death is for pussies!” and steals a roof panel and hopped back into his friends car. So he goes on Twitter and says “Piece of Paul walkers car, took it off a tow truck at a stop light. ... I got it for my buddy who was driving the car we were in, so that he could always pay respect to the guy that got him into cars.” A second suspect, likely the driver, has been identified as well. Charges of felony grand theft and tampering with evidence are being talked about.


How...? Why...? I mean...I understand stupid. I really do. I've dabbled in stupid quite a few times in my 30-something years on this planet. At one point I was a resident of the place. But I would never even contemplate doing something as stupid as stealing a piece of a car from a wreck that happened hours before that has a shit ton of attention on it because one of the people that died is an actor that is known for films where people drive very fast...and furiously.


Its bad enough to steal a piece of a vehicle that is part of an investigation to help figure out why someone died. But it takes an extra special level of stupid to post a picture of it online and use hashtags (when I was a kid we called it pound) to ensure that people looking up information about this recently dead actor sees it. Oh, and hashtagging “comeup”? Really, dude? You fucking toolbox. As for anyone wondering what come up means in the sense he is using it, Urban Dictionary states it as “A bargain, or a found item that is of value to the finder.” Fuck this kid.

Click here for previous Kids These Days Posts.  

No comments: