Friday, October 14, 2011

Story Behind The Photo 5

Look at the smooth ass skin! Like a little Halle Berry. But male. This was me at the age of 7. Look at how bright and open my eyes are. I still had hope. I remember this day so vividly because I absolutely had to stay clean! Usually when I went to school I’d race, climb on the monkey bars, and pretty much sweat like a nasty ass little kid. I knew I had to stay nice and clean for photo day. Photo day was the most important day of the year because if I got dirty I knew that would be my ass when my mother saw the photos. So my mission was to keep away from every other child in school until I took a picture.


So its time to get my photo on and I sit down. The nice little lady takes a brush and touches my flattop (at the time know as a Carl Lewis). She touched my hair! My hair was perfectly fine and she for whatever reason decided that a more pyramid shape was in order and fucked with my hair. You don’t touch a Black persons hair unless they tell you to. This is universal. My lips were dry and my collar was up. Just the one side. So there I am sitting there looking like I got jumped by the wind and they think its all fine and take the photo. Sons of bitches.

I eventually gave up on photo day. I had enough stress in my life without having to stay clean for a picture that was gonna come out all jacked up. I do have to point out how clear my skin is. Its beautiful. I remember a lunch lady touching my skin and saying how smooth it was. And look at my eyebrows. This is proof for you doubtful assholes who think that I pluck them. I have had these fucking things my whole life. You know what? Here’s another picture for the hell of it. I was 9 at this point and already a horndog. This was the last official school photo I took. I think I’ve had collar issues my entire life. See the eyebrows? Still the same. Big ass arched eyebrows.

2 comments:

Njeri said...

You're so pretty.

Dante said...

Why thank you, Ererer. I'd prefer "cute" but I'll take what I can get.