Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How I Met Ya Mama...

Photobucket
This chair is important.

I have always believed that how you meet someone you date is important. I imagine some guys having a kid and the kid coming up to them one day after meeting some nice girl. The kid will ask them how they met mom.

“Well, I was at the club with my boys and I saw this fly ass bitch in this tiny skirt droppin’ it like it was hot and I couldn’t let that shit get by!”

Sounds sweet, huh?

I met three ex’s in high school and another at work. My current (and last) girlfriend I met at a party while drunk sitting in a baby ass lawn chair. No, neither of us plan on having kids but I like imagining what it would be like to tell a kid how I met his mom. I like that it didn’t involve a one night stand or some drunken night of sex that ended with his or her birth. I have never been into hooking up at clubs or anything. I have danced with strangers once at a club and disappointed one of them when I didn’t kiss her or give her my number (or ask for hers) after hours of dancing.

I have this weird thing about asking for numbers. I don’t do it. Even when I first met my girlfriend and was all hot and bothered by her I didn’t as for her number. I bugged her friend about her though. I tried to be her friend on myspace without knowing that she was doing the same thing. We met again for a moment after a gathering of this same friend. She was pretty much the only reason I went and she came as I was leaving. I was pissed because she showed up looking all kinds of hot. At this point we were friends on myspace but finally talked this night.

We chatted for hours late into the night and got to know each other. I made her laugh and that was cool. I love hearing her laugh. We finally had a date and went to see a movie, “Rendition.” Not exactly a date movie. A dude gets captured and tortured like fucking crazy while butt booty ass naked. During the movie I thought the popcorn was falling over and reached for it. She thought I was trying to grab her leg. She ended up taking my hand and holding it. I love that something as small as holding my hand gets me so happy.

We chatted on the rooftop of the parking structure of The Grove for hours and she took me back home. I asked her if she would slap me if I gave her a kiss. She said she wouldn’t so I planted one on her cheek. It was awesome. The rest as they say is history. A year and a half later and we still love each other.

I look forward to years from now living together and being happily married and thinking about the first time we met and how shy and cautious I was around her. I like looking forward to the future.

Rockets.

No comments: