Monday, March 30, 2009

How To Befriend The Opposite Sex Without Sex

There are a lot of people that say and think that you cant be just friends with someone of the opposite sex. Well, I am here as living proof to tell you that its not only possible, but necessary for understanding yourself and the opposite sex better. There are some rules and steps to take when making friends that don’t have the same genitalia as you. Hey, that’s a good place to start.

They just have different junk than you do. Once you get past the fact that chicks have tits and nice lips you’re on your way to being friends. We look at chicks sometimes (most times for some) and all we can think about is how they look naked. This isn’t cool. If you wanna be friends with someone you cant walk around thinking about banging them. Yeah, you can realize that they are attractive but once you get past that things get better.

Talk to them like an equal. This may be hard for some dudes. A lot of guys are taught that men are better at everything than women (and women are taught that they are weaker than men) and this keeps them from treating them as a friend. A guy can have a loser of a friend but still talk to and hang with him more than a woman. Women have the same thoughts as men do even if many don’t want to admit it. They think about sex and food jut as much as you do. Its not like things are off limits when talking to women. I talk about movies, sex, books, TV, childhoods, love, and anything under the sun.

Set the rules. This doesn’t have to be some kind of spoken out loud thing (“I wont touch your tits if you don’t touch my dick!”) unless you cant control yourself. Having female friends is way different if you’re in a relationship. I had an ex think that I had a thing for friends that were lesbian, married, and lived thousands of miles away. You have to make sure your girlfriend was secure enough in the relationship to trust you around chicks. I have almost nothing but chick friends. We hug goodbye but we aren’t running around kissing or holding hands. The same rule applies to male friends I have. Except the hugging goodbye part. That just doesn’t happen. It may not sound true but with chick friends it can get to a point where you don’t even look at them sexually. Shut up, its possible.

I’m still not sure exactly why I haven’t been able to have male friends as an adult. Yeah, there are some guys I talk to but it isn’t often and we aren’t all buddy-buddy. They tend to be so focused on money or pussy while I am “surrounded” by it but don’t get any. There are a hundred reasons why I became friends with chicks and didn’t date them. Bad timing, right place/wrong time, or something just didn’t click to push things past a possible relationship status. I don’t regret it or anything even though some of my female friends have been better than the chicks I used to date.

One of the best things about having mostly female friends is the differing point of view. When you get used to being around just your own sex your reality becomes skewed. The double edge catch 22 of the opposite sex thing is that its harder for girls to be friends with guys. I don trust guys for the most part. Whenever a guy meets one of my friends I am immediately suspect. Not to mention my own lady. I wonder what their intentions are and why I haven’t met them yet.

I am Dante’s insecurity.

I want my lady to have male friends but if she cant talk to them to ask me any dude related questions. There are things she could ask me that I wont know (but I doubt it). I have been around and grew up with so many different types of guys that there is nothing one can say where I’ll go “I did not know that.” One day I’ll make a more concentrated effort to make more friends of my own sex. Until then I’ll keep my hot lady and my cute friends and wait for some dude that doesn’t annoy the hell out of me and stays in contact with me.

Rockets.

1 comment:

Hoozle said...

As my friends get older and get married, I've noticed that the guys with the happiest marriages are the ones who have female friends. I don't think this is a coincidence. Seeing your girl as a person as well as a hot babe is surely the foundation of a relationship, as opposed to a short- to medium-term sexual attraction. And you can't see YOUR girl as a person unless you see women in general that way. I don't understand how guys don't get that.