Monday, January 9, 2012

Charlyne Yi Makes Me Happy

I’m not even sure why. Charlyne Yi for some reason floats my boat. Granted for a while now my boat has been all over the damned place. There are girls I would never have found attractive all of a sudden hot as hell. I’m the type of person that will like or date someone just because I can talk to them. That in turn will make them attractive to me. Don’t ask how it works. It just does. But this chick in particular, I just don’t get it. Its not that she isn’t cute. She is. Maybe because she is mixed with Filipino, Spanish, Korean, Mexican, Irish, German, French, and Native American ancestry. That’s a lot of stuff.

I first saw her in the movie Knocked Up. She has very small scenes but for some reason I laughed my ass off at the weird shit she said. Then…I forgot she existed. I know that sounds mean but she runs in different social circles than I do. Which means she leaves the house to, like, do stuff. The fact that all my hobbies require little to no movement (writing, reading, drawing, podcasting, ‘bating) will never help in this aspect of my love life. Or lack thereof. Enough about me.

She is now on House. I’ve watched about 10-15 episodes of this show now and I know that its best to watch the last fifteen minutes. He will find an answer to a disease that hasn’t been around since parrots were the size of people and he does something insane to cure it. But Yi is now on the show. The fact that it took this many years to get a Filipino on the show is ridiculous. I’ve worked in a hospital. There are shit tons of them that work there. Cool people with really hot chicks. Yi dated Michael Cera for a while. I didn’t know that until looking up stuff about her. I am the opposite of him. She deserves a medal. I don't think I could be around him for more than three minutes. I don't hate the guy or anything. I like his movies. I just think I'd talk to him, sigh, and then find something else to do.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

I think when people have parents of mixed ethnicity, they are inevitably really attractive or at least interestingly cute. It's like they keep all the best bits of their constituent ethnicities. This is rare where I'm from of course but anytime I meet a person with two or more ethnic backgrounds I always think, dammit, humanity needs to mix that DNA up a bit more.

I *still* haven't seen 'Knocked Up'.

When you talk about your hobbies, "bating" refers to 'debating', right? Right?

There are upsides and downsides to every type of hobby...the downside to one of mine, travelling, is that sometimes my favourite people or shops or cafes are in a land far, far away. Sucks when I want to lie on someone's couch and read or go see a movie with them -thank goodness for Skype, it's a decent substitute for actual human contact -but what do I do when I crave a stuffed poblano pepper and the nearest place I know of is a continent away...mehhh.

Hazel said...

Oh and I'm really bothered by the fact that I never found Hugh Laurie attractive until I saw him in House. I don't fancy intelligent articulate creative Englishmen at all, apparently, but I *do* fancy grumpy obsessive drug-addicted misanthropes? Worrying.

Dante said...

Of course I mean "debating." Yeah, that's what I mean...

Some people can be mixed all up and come out just weird looking. She looks, if you told me to guess, either Filipino or Korean. But all that other stuff? I would never guess.

Hazel said...

I'm crap at guessing ethnicity so I wouldn't even dare try with this woman.