Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This Is How It Starts...

Photobucket
There is always something that happens that makes me say “This is how it starts.” Last year it was scientists fucking around with that atom smasher. Now its these firemen in the UK wearing freaking space helmets. These things make me nervous.

Imagine you’re in a burning building. Some dude comes crashing through the door with an axe in his hand and wearing that mask (the one up top). I would be able to piss the flames out. I’d think I was being abducted. I wonder how they came up with the design.

“Right! So we need a new design for our helmets! Ideas!”

“We can try something heroic.”

“No! That’s stupid!”

“Okay…”

“We need something that inspires fear!”

“Fear?”

“Right! Fear! I’m thinking metal. Shiny metal! Face completely covered. Nigel! Rent some space films and come back with something we can use!”

The future tends to make me nervous when I used to get excited about it. I remember years ago reading about how by 2007 we were supposed to have stations on the moon and men on Mars. We can barely survive getting back to Earth if a tiny piece of foam falls off. And don’t get me started on the fact that I don’t have a laser gun, flying car, or metal pants. Yes, metal pants.

Rockets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2001: A Space Odyssey quickly became 2001: I Hope World War III Doesn't Erupt. Slightly dissapointing to say the least.