Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Books, Bunnies, Baskets, and BFF's

Photobucket
Once again I went with my best friend/sister from a different mister, Cam, to her job at the library. It was exhausting but fun. The only reason it was exhausting was because I was hungry, sleepy, and went to sleep with too much stuff on my mind. No, not bad things. Just general excitement about the day and work opportunities.

I got to her place pretty fast but not as early as last time. Last time, like I mentioned before, I got there in ten minutes and an hour too early. This time I got there closer to 8am and we left.
Funny how it was supposed to rain all day today. Yeah, so while we’re driving to work with the bright ass California sun in our eyes we damned the weathermen in L.A that are never right. I told her that we should have about sixteen people with webcams that aim out their windows in various points in the city and say, “This is what its like outside!” It would save on the money they waste on these charlatans. We get to her job and chill for a bit.
Photobucket

I helped out all day by stuffing candy into eggs and stuffing baskets. We did this for hours with a co-workers son that rarely talks but couldn’t stop talking around me. Even his mom said to me, “I don’t know what you’re doing but that’s the most I’ve ever heard him talk! I was like ‘Is that him?!’” I have that effect on people.
During the day I had a phone interview for an awesome sounding job nearby. I called and…she wasn’t there. I call back later and she says that its busy and forgot that she even had an interview to conduct. This is me thanking God this wasn’t an in person interview as I would’ve wasted my day. I call the staffing place to let this lady know that I couldn’t get the interview done but I get put on hold for too long. I call the interviewer again and she is gone for the day. Really?
Photobucket

We also made this huge poster for Easter. I made some cotton bunnies and these kids and Cam did the rainbows and skies. I don’t take credit for the ginormous rabbit at the end. That was all some other kids. It was fun seeing kids interested in arts and doing things with their hands that don’t involved sitting in front of a screen all day or playing video games.

After more hours of working on the baskets we are done for the day. We take off and discuss the career of Lenny Kravitz. Is he really talented or were we all fooled by his good looks? Can he actually play guitar? Did cutting his dreads cut his success short? There was some more in there about sexbots and Oedipal love. I had a good day and will head to the library once again tomorrow. Weird not staying up until 3am and waking up at 6am. I miss being useful and hanging with her at her job helps make me feel good. Thanks, sis.

Rockets.

No comments: