Monday, November 10, 2014

Amy Jo Johnson Makes Me Happy

Back in the early 90's my little sister was a he fan of the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. I hated them by default because she loved them but one day I decided to watch the show and fell in love with one of the characters. The Pink Ranger played by Amy Jo Johnson was the business! I thought she was around my age when that show came out but it turns out that she was about 10 years older. Yeah, she's one of those humans that has the ability to do that like Stacey Dash. She I watched the show and pined for her because she always work very short shorts and liked to do flips all the time on the show. It was hot. I was buying what she was selling. I was picking up what she was putting down. I was smelling what she was cooking. But then she left the show and there was a rotating cast that I never bought into like the regular one.

She ended up popping up on Felicity and I was like “That's the Pink Ranger!” because I'm a dick and can't let go of the past. I watched the show longer than I wanted to just because she was on it and the internet wasn't around so I couldn't just find which episodes she would be on. Then she appeared on this show I watch on Ion sometimes called Flashpoint.

Johnson popped up (ha!) in Toronto where she now lives dressed as The Pink Ranger again singing in the streets. Not in a sad way. She was challenged by The Blue Ranger who was played by David Yost somehow to reach the goal for her Indiegogo funded film The Space Between. It reached its goal of $75,000 and has now added a new goal of $125,000. I didn't even know that Yost still talked to any of the cast after hearing about how he was beefing with all of 'em. God, look at how hot she still is. She's 44 and looks younger than I did at 24! The description of her film is this. “When a proud new father learns his wife took his infertility into her own hands with a 19-year-old ginger, he sets out on a hilarious and heartfelt journey to find the biological baby-daddy. Filled with a quirky cast of supporting characters, The Space Between is a film about acceptance, family, love...and a few dirty diapers.” And, yes, that is Batman standing there with her because this picture wanted to be better than awesome. 

Click here for other things that Make Me Happy.  

No comments: