Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Girl Gets Revenge On Bully...I Guess

There's been a story making its way around the internets about a young 22 year old chick named Louisa Manning from Cambridgeshire which its safe to assume is in England or something. She got revenge against a guy that used to bully her when she was in junior high. For those that don't know, junior high is where you learn to be an asshole. Its the training ground for figuring out what kind of human you will eventually become in terms of personality. I can't think of someone I thought was a terrible human between the ages of 11 and 14 that became an incredibly nice person.

So Louisa is out and a guy likes what he sees. He talks to her and asks her out to dinner. So the day comes and she stands him up. Instead she has a letter that the waiter delivers to the guy. This is what the letter said to him. She also posted it on her Facebook page.

“Hey, so sorry I can't join you tonight. Remember year 8, when I was fat and you made fun of my weight? No? I do – I spent the following three years eating less than an apple a day. So I've decided to skip dinner. Remember the monobrow you mocked? The hairy legs you were disgusted by? Remember how every day for three years, you and your friends called me Manbeast? No perhaps you don't – or you wouldn't have seen how I look eight years later and deemed me fuckable enough to treat me like a human being. I thought I'd send you this as a reminder. Next time you think of me, picture that girl in this photo, because she's the one who just stood you up. - Louisa.”

People cheered and praised her for her revenge against this guy who made fun of her, made her life miserable, and eventually wanted to go on a date with her. He wrote her back online. This is what he had to say.

“Hey...for what it's worth, I was actually here to meet up looking for a chance to make friends, not because you are very good looking. I guess I had it coming though, and certainly don't blame you for standing me up. I can't change who I was 8 years ago, and I won't insult your intelligence by pretending that it didn't happen, but I hope you believe me when I say I'm a completely different person now. I can only apologise and wish you the very best. I guess I won't hear from you again but I mean it when I say that I hope you have every success you deserve.”

That is far more mature than I would have responded. I would've been mad that I wasted my time. Looking at her childhood picture she suffers from what many did: the past. Most of us dressed fucked up, had no idea how to groom ourselves properly, and chances are you treated someone like shit. I was talking to Quinno a few days ago about how people behaved in school and while I was mean as fuck to some people, I never started it. I'm sure they still think of me till this day as a bully because over time we tend to rewrite history. I'm bad at rewriting history. Otherwise I would tell people I never rested from junior high and on because I was getting mad pussy.

This mystery guy wished her well and showed no ill will towards her for standing him up. He took responsibility for being an asshole in the past. I hold on to shit harder than many people. There are people I hated when I was 5 years old that 30 years later still piss me off. But I don't want to get revenge, play pranks, or make their lives any better or worse than they are right now.

I was bullied growing up for a lot of stuff (and have talked about bullying before), and while I would get pissed eventually I just stopped caring because it was just how I was built and/or things I couldn't change those things. I went from being too short, missing teeth, too fat, the way I dressed, to my voice sounding “White”, terrible skin, to being too tall and lanky, to my hair not making any sense. As an adult people mostly talk badly about my eating habits, lack of social interaction, or whatever mental issues I've not had diagnosed.

Even with all that having occurred and more that I won't get into, I managed to not become a sociopath or someone that looks to hurt others or get revenge. I don't even want to powerbomb my father through a table anymore. I moved on by not giving a fuck. I totally turned this about me. I can't applaud this girl for doing this because even if it were the other way around it would suck. I would've suggested she just ignore the guy or just say “I used to know you and you made fun of me. I'm better now and don't need to be around people like you that made my life hell.” This whole public shaming thing makes her come across as a bully in the present, and not like the one she endured in the past. Also, I secretly think this might all be bullshit. 

No comments: