Tuesday, December 23, 2014

While You Were Sleeping: #IAmJada


There is a 16 year old girl named Jada of Houston, Texas. She went to a party with her friend where she was offered a drink. After consuming it she passed out and missed the rest of the party. She had no idea what happened during this time until the photos started appearing. The pictures featured her half naked and passed out on the floor after being sexually assaulted. These weren't pictures being used to report the crime, but to mock her with the hashtag #jadapose.

Many people started posting themselves online doing this pose and thinking that it was funny. Back in July Jada finally came out and spoke for herself saying “There's no point in hiding. Everybody has already seen my face and my body, but that's not what I am and who I am.”


Two suspects were arrested for this assault. One being a 16 year old whose name has not been released but should because I like to know where drug using rapists are and a 19 year old named Clinton Onyeahialam. The 16 year old is going to be tried as a juvenile because this country still makes no sense. Jada came out with her own hashtag #IamJada and said of her attackers “I would like to see justice. Justice in full effect and that's it.”


I hate how bad people can be. Young people are the worse. The fact that two guys can drug and rape a girl is bad enough. But then to have people actually make fun of it by posing like her just takes it to a level of fucked that I can't begin to understand. I know everyone hates watch lists, but in situations like this I would like for everyone that thought this was funny to be “looked on” every once in a while. And these two dickheads need to never see the light of day ever again.

Click here for previous While You Were Sleeping.

No comments: