Saturday, May 23, 2015

What People Care About This Week: Child Molester Josh Duggar


Scumbag Josh Duggar is a child molester. There are a lot of things that I think people can be rehabilitated from but this isn't one of them. If you have it in you to molest a kid you need to not breathe anymore. Josh is 27 years old and the oldest child of the Duggar family known for being scary Christian and their TLC show 19 Kids And Counting which debuted in 2008 when there were just 17 kids. I say “just” in the loosest of terms. No one needs to have that many goddamn children. Even when having a lot of kids was useful like in farm times and shit if you were a family that had that many kids the town would probably kill you.

Last Thursday he issued an apology via Facebook saying “Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling.”

TLC has pulled the show from the air. Josh has also resigned from his position in the Family Research Council. They are an organization whose mission is to “advance faith, family and freedom in public policy and the culture from a Christian worldview.” He is accused of “forcibly fondling” five young girls in the home. That means this 15 year old at the time son of a bitch was molesting his sisters. Why is he not in jail right now?


His parents Jim Bob and Michelle also spoke Thursday saying “Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives. When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before. Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God.”

Sure there are better ways to get closer to God. And “bad mistake”? When I was 6 I once spilled dish washing liquid all over the carpet. That was a bad mistake. When I was 7 I got too caught up in playing video games and forgot about an egg I was boiling and it funked up the house. That was a bad mistake. When I was 18 I thought it was a good idea to live with my girlfriends family. That was a bad mistake.

Molesting kids is not a mistake. Its a crime that should be punishable by death.


I'm not a parent. Not Christian either. But...if I were a parent and found out that someone molested my kid I'd be in jail for assault or murder. Honestly, its one of the reasons I don't want a child. I now so many people that have been molested and it has fucked with them in different ways, some more so than others. This guy did it to five girls and then some of them have to go on TV and pretend that they're this big old happy family. The sad thing is that these girls will grow up with knowing that their brother molested them and their parents sat them down to talk about God, not contact the police and turn this fucking creature in.

Click here for previous What People Care About This Week.  

No comments: