Saturday, February 21, 2009

Never Enjoyed Being Unemployed...

Sometimes you expect things to happen one way and they go another. Like, for the past few weeks I have been waiting for my unemployment check. I should take a photo of my fridge as proof of how bad things have gotten. I think I saw a tumble weed in there last week…

Anyhoot, so I was expecting my check last week. Mind you, in the past 3 months I have not worked I have only gotten two checks. One for 1 weeks pay and the other for 2. The worse thing is how small they are. They are literally half of what I used to get. Now, when you realize that I was making it by barely most weeks this makes life even more interesting. So when my check didn’t come it made me freak out a bit.

I hate to admit it but money affects my mood. I don’t like money. I wish I lived in a world where I went to work and my rent was paid automatically. That I could come home and food just popped into the fridge because I worked. So, I’m just waiting for this check that turns out was not coming for the past couple weeks and sweating balls. I got a letter from the unemployment office saying they are gonna call. So I’m looking online and seeing what you’re supposed to say during interviews and everyone has one rule:

Tell the truth.

Not a problem. I just wanted to get my money! So the call was for today between 8am and 10am. The called around 8:44am. The lady was really nice and polite and so was I. It took a couple of minutes and it turned out there was a small mistake on my part. The cool thing is that as soon as I get my check next week I have to send the next one in as soon as possible. I am feeling a bit better. I hate worrying about paying rent.

I called my lady’s church to speak to a counselor. I have been feeling too flip floppy with my emotions and wanna do something about it before I get too damned low. I have times where I’m really good. I’m laughing, talking, being creative. But the times where I’m down are getting too bad and coming too frequently. I have to do something about it. I talked to a lady for a few minutes and they are gonna call me back next week to set me up with someone to speak to in person.

One thing I liked was the questions. Drugs, sexual, spiritually, depression, all of these things were touched upon and I’m not getting drunk or high to deal with this. That seems to be the opposite of what you should do. I don’t even drink when I am upset. I don’t wanna meet that Dante. Okay, I think I am done for now. Take care, everyone.

Rockets.

No comments: