Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ba-da-bap-ba-bang!

Little Rock, Ark - When Nigel Haskett stepped in to defend a woman at the Little Rock, Ark., fast-food restaurant where he worked, police called him a hero -- but now that it's time to pay his ongoing medical bills, the restaurant's insurance company has essentially told him to be a hero on his own time.

Last August when a man walked in and allegedly began assaulting a female customer -- his girlfriend. The incident was caught on the restaurant's surveillance camera.

"He struck her in the face, knocked her down and that's when Nigel came to her rescue," said Lt. Terry Hastings of the Little Rock Police Department. Despite the burden of lawsuits and his injury, Haskett still believes it was the right thing to do and said he would do it again.

"I ask myself that question, many, many, many times over. Uh, yes sir I would," the former McDonald's employee said. "I just felt like that's the right thing to do…even if it would have killed me."

This guy needs a fucking medal of honor or something. The fact that he has to fight for some form of compensation is ridiculous. No, he is not required to save someone as an employee of McDonald’s. But as a human he did what was right.

I wont even go into what bullshit I believe insurance companies are. Was this guy supposed to just let the woman get beaten and keep cooking in the meantime? I don’t get it. We already live in a world where there are enough assholes and folks that just don’t give a damn to make a show called “What Would You Do?” in which they set up fucked up situations to see what we would do.

This kid has a $300,000 medical bill because he was shot three times doing what was right, not what was his job. I would hope if my lady, friends, or sister were being attacked someone would do something and not worry about if it was in their job description.

Rockets.

No comments: