Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Day Part 1

Another day another chance to get a job. Man, my legs are on fire from all the walking I did today. How was your day, folks? Its funny how people who have jobs treat others like shit. And then you have good people like my friends who go out of their way to help me out. In the course of this here blog I will show examples of these polar opposites. Let me crack my toes first. Oh, that’s nice…

I would love to say my day started off with me waking up all refreshed and feeling awesome. But that’s not how I roll. Some asshat called at 2am and woke me up. I had a hard enough time with shit on my mind getting to sleep. Whoever it was didn’t even leave a message. Jerks. It took me forever to finally get back to sleep and it seems that as soon as I did I had to wake up at 6am.

The plan was to head over Camille’s (my awesome little sister from a different mister) and get some money for the bus. Yes, its that bad now, people. Anyhoot, I got ready and looked outside to see the sky raining. Not regular ass L.A rain, but a tsunami of rain (as Cam puts it)! I was like, “Come on!” I left and realized I didn’t have my watch. I went back and started walking. 3 miles.

Oh, the rain! I had to dodge cars throwing water, the sky throwing water, and water throwing water. It was coming from everywhere. At least my socks were dry. For now. I finally made it over to her place and she gave me some tokens and I danced the dance of he who can now ride the bus to interviews without worrying how to get there. She’s great. She walked me outside and I continued my trek. I got to the bus stop and noticed a sign for the 750. What the fuck is a 750? I crossed to the 20 stop hoping the 720 stopped there. It didn’t. It flew by and I took the 20. I got to hear an interesting conversation on the way downtown. Let me transcribe it a bit for you. It was two older Black folks. A male and a female.

Man: “Why the fuck don’t you got yo card?! We could get some damned Vicadin if you did!”

Woman: “Fuck you! Why ain’t you got yo card?!”

Man: “I'm sittin’ here hurtin’ an’ that bitch at the center wont give me some goddamn pills! I’m hurtin’!”

Woman: “I know where to go.”

Man: “Where the stop?”

Woman: “Nigga, I told you I know where we get off!”

Man: “Don’t be yellin’ at me, bitch!”

Woman: “Here we are. Get up, nigga!”

So I get off at Hope and Wilshire. Now I got another walk on my hands. This one just over a mile. Its not raining now, thank God. I get there and cant find Sam. Yeah, Sam is giving me a ride to Downey to get fingerprinted for a County job. I spot him and we’re off. Yeah, we only have 20 minutes to get to Downey. Will we make it?

Rockets.

No comments: